David Portenier

Two Stage Anti-Sway Bar

David Portenier

Hello all,

I recently acquired a two-stage blower and started the process of putting it on my 520h. Everything is going by the book with the exception of the anti-sway bar.  It seems like it wont line up with the holes in which it is suppose to line up with on the tractor.  Has anyone else had this issue?  

Thanks

cleat

Can you take a picture or two.

Maybe you need another part.

WVHillbilly520H

Which holes are have trouble with...i painted the frame mount black which would stay on the tractor year around and since I didn't get the belt guards I made my one sway bar which has the red and silver bolts plus the pin with hairpin cotter, Jeff.

IMAG2441.jpg

IMAG3754.jpg

kwalshy

David, Yes I’ve experienced the same issue as you. I’ve operated the 2 stage on my 520H for a few years with out the anti-sway bar, no issues. I finally tracked a used one down & the holes on it didn’t line up either.  I have not encountered or saw any ‘wear’ or ‘rub’ that would indicate I need to modify the bracket & mount it to the tractor’s frame.

Shippey

I realize this is an old-ish post but I thought I'd try.  I just bought a Toro/Wheel Horse 44" 2-stage snowblower (model 79631) and put it on my 520H.  I too did not get the anti-sway kit nor the belt guard.  I don't see the anti-sway brace in the parts manual although it is in the operators manual in the mounting instructions.  Seems like you're saying I don't need it.  Would you confirm you've had no problems operating without it?

20191014_145115.jpg

WVHillbilly520H
39 minutes ago, Shippey said:

I realize this is an old-ish post but I thought I'd try.  I just bought a Toro/Wheel Horse 44" 2-stage snowblower (model 79631) and put it on my 520H.  I too did not get the anti-sway kit nor the belt guard.  I don't see the anti-sway brace in the parts manual although it is in the operators manual in the mounting instructions.  Seems like you're saying I don't need it.  Would you confirm you've had no problems operating without it?

It would be better if you have the anti-sway bar on... Less stress on the tractor frame and attachment points... And you can procure one from here... https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/snow-blower.html#!/Wheel-Horse-2-Stage-Snow-Blower-Anti-Sway-Kit/p/98451174/category=23671364.

wallfish

:text-yeahthat:

And it keeps the belt from contacting the hood when the blower sways to the left. Maybe that's why it didn't come with a belt. :eusa-think:

Think there's a few guys on here that run without it because those things always seem to go missing with the socks in the dryer.

• Thanks 1

Shippey

Thanks gents. I may try an outing or two with it to see what it does.  Of course, now that I'm "prepared", it won't snow...mission accomplished.