Sign in to follow this  
Jgoodsell

500 series xi blower convert to a 520hc

Jgoodsell

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't find anything on it so here it goes. Has anyone ever converted an xi series vertical shaft blower to be used on an older 520hc tractor? Can it be done or is it not worth the time and money to do it?

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Jgoodsell said:

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I couldn't find anything on it so here it goes. Has anyone ever converted an xi series vertical shaft blower to be used on an older 520hc tractor? Can it be done or is it not worth the time and money to do it?

I honestly believe it's not worth the time and effort, just because the HC/classics snow thrower PTO drive and mounting points are so different from the xi and I've had both series as you can see from my pictures quite the difference, as many of the classic style throwers out there I'd wait for one of those, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170420-180318.png

Screenshot_20181109-123646.png

Screenshot_20181109-123711.png

Screenshot_20181109-123739.png

• Like 2

Jgoodsell

Thanks for the reply. I have been rolling with a single stage 36" on the 520HC and it handles snow with no issues. Had a chance to test out my dads snow blower since he is going south for the winter and never realized that it was vertical shaft and I was very sad the moment that I realized that. Especially since I thought that I should have looked at that. Must have been so excited to try it out I didn't think to make sure that I could. I will be returning it to him as I am not up for all the trouble of making it work.

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Jgoodsell said:

Thanks for the reply. I have been rolling with a single stage 36" on the 520HC and it handles snow with no issues. Had a chance to test out my dads snow blower since he is going south for the winter and never realized that it was vertical shaft and I was very sad the moment that I realized that. Especially since I thought that I should have looked at that. Must have been so excited to try it out I didn't think to make sure that I could. I will be returning it to him as I am not up for all the trouble of making it work.

BTW, the 5xi series are of the horizontal engine, the difference is the the crankshaft is longitudinal with direct shaft drive vs transverse like the HC with belt driven transaxles, Jeff.