UncleJerm76

Anyone going to the 2018 Florida Flywheelers show this weekend?

UncleJerm76

Just curious, anyone going to flywheelers show down in Florida this weekend? As far as I know, I think it's the best swap meet to find Wheel Horse parts & tractors at any show for us Floridians, don't you agree?

Edited by UncleJerm76
  • Like 2

clueless

Got my 702 at the February show a few years ago.

• Like 1

UncleJerm76

It's a long drive for me so I can only make it one-day, but I'm going to try and locate a 701 drive belt cover or something that most sellers won't ship, like a 4-wheel wagon or tombstone weight. Fingers crossed :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Having never been been I have no idea which day to go - if any are better than others for parts hunt'n :scratchead:

Even if I don't find what I'm going for still looking forward to spending some time with my dad and seeing the big hit-and-miss tractors and engines with the giant fabric belts. Those things are awesome. 

Edited by UncleJerm76
  • Like 1

953 nut

I bought my first :wh: there about twenty or so years back. When I lived in Florida we went to the November, January and February shows. It is too big to walk the grounds, take a :wh: and a chariot.

126.JPG.b1902ce31e70755ba8edf25bf704c433.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19richie66

I usually go on Saturday but being how it is the last day of the show, it’s usually pretty crowded. But thats the best day to get a good deal if someone has something they don’t want to take back home. Friday I hear is good. We go in February but I think next year we may go jan and feb.  We walk it but we are spent by the end of the day. Just don’t get run over by a golf cart and you’ll have a good time. Where in Florida are you?

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

UncleJerm76

Wow, just wow. We tried walking it, pushing a stroller with my 2yr old, he loved every minute of it! One of the vendors saw him and promptly opened a brand new tiny tractor from its package and gave it to him. That was my saving grace as when he got a little bored he would push his new tractor around the cup holders lol. 

We arrived about 10am and left about 5pm from pure exhaustion. My phone said I pushed the stroller through the sand and grass for 6 miles, but it felt like 20. And get this, we only covered about 1/2 of the entire show, it was huge. Crazy part is the vendors were talking about how small it is compared to the Feb show. I can’t imagine ever being able to cover everything in one day. I will be going back in February with a golf cart or ATV!!!! It’s the only way to not get worn out. The tractor parade was awesome. The vendors were awesome too. No complaints. Watching those antiques do the tractor pull was fun too.

I did locate a 701 belt guard that was mounted on a 702, but after talking with the owner and hinting around, I got the feeling he isn’t ready to part with it even though it’s not correct for his horse.

I was told on several occasions that a lot more WH’s come in Feb during the “big show” so I’ll be back.

I didn’t take many pictures, even fewer WH pics but look at this funky thing I found! Notice the drive belt jack shaft! Looks like it could be on an 854 frame??

BA185517-B604-475D-BFA4-DACE7FD4F4B1.jpeg

AAACE8DC-F9AC-41C2-AEAF-0797DBFEE0B1.jpeg

Edited by UncleJerm76
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

I’ll be there in February. Try to keep in touch and we can meet up somewhere.👍

• Like 1

clueless
On 11/13/2018 at 8:32 AM, UncleJerm76 said:

Wow, just wow. We tried walking it, pushing a stroller with my 2yr old, he loved every minute of it! One of the vendors saw him and promptly opened a brand new tiny tractor from its package and gave it to him. That was my saving grace as when he got a little bored he would push his new tractor around the cup holders lol. 

We arrived about 10am and left about 5pm from pure exhaustion. My phone said I pushed the stroller through the sand and grass for 6 miles, but it felt like 20. And get this, we only covered about 1/2 of the entire show, it was huge. Crazy part is the vendors were talking about how small it is compared to the Feb show. I can’t imagine ever being able to cover everything in one day. I will be going back in February with a golf cart or ATV!!!! It’s the only way to not get worn out. The tractor parade was awesome. The vendors were awesome too. No complaints. Watching those antiques do the tractor pull was fun too.

I did locate a 701 belt guard that was mounted on a 702, but after talking with the owner and hinting around, I got the feeling he isn’t ready to part with it even though it’s not correct for his horse.

I was told on several occasions that a lot more WH’s come in Feb during the “big show” so I’ll be back.

I didn’t take many pictures, even fewer WH pics but look at this funky thing I found! Notice the drive belt jack shaft! Looks like it could be on an 854 frame??

BA185517-B604-475D-BFA4-DACE7FD4F4B1.jpeg

AAACE8DC-F9AC-41C2-AEAF-0797DBFEE0B1.jpeg

The Feb. show is a monster. I waked it with Richie and his wife a few years ago, I was DOA by the time I got back to the motel. I'm going to try to make it this Feb. 

19richie66

@clueless We’ll be there again with walking shoes. Give me a call and we can meet up. Be nice to see you. Thought about bringing the tractor but it gets too crowded. May bring it anyways.👍

Edited by 19richie66

clueless
36 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

@clueless We’ll be there again with walking shoes. Give me a call and we can meet up. Be nice to see you. Thought about bringing the tractor but it gets too crowded. May bring it anyways.👍

Rich, if you bring the tractor I'll bring a wagon, you can pull my big a** around :thumbs:.

19richie66

Well work something out.👍