dave647

paint scheme 1985 310-8

dave647

is the ribbed section of the hood black or red? thanks

953 nut

That portion of the hood would have been painted a satin black when it left the factory.

101_2336.JPG.c66c4cdec0a3897ee33e521ad6733979.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell
On 11/6/2018 at 5:23 AM, 953 nut said:

That portion of the hood would have been painted a satin black when it left the factory.

101_2336.JPG.c66c4cdec0a3897ee33e521ad6733979.JPG

Not true guys, my 85 is all original and that section is red. I don't like it as much as the newer ones, but its what it came with. 

KIMG0250 (1).JPG

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 1

dave647

now i am confused. maybe i'll paint every other rib black? just kidding. i've already have the dash section in black, i think i'll go with the black on the hood to break up the sea of red. thanks

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I will probably repaint mine someday and will paint it like the later ones as I think they look better. Just wanted to let you know what is factory. Please take pics as you work on it, we like to see lots of pics around here!!

Randy

953 nut
6 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

Not true guys, my 85 is all original and that section is red. I don't like it as much as the newer ones, but its what it came with. 

:confusion-confused:

Looking at the 1985 Sales Brochure in our "Manuals" section they all appear to have black paint on the ribbed area.

Lee1977

I painted my 312-8 Just a little different. It is a worker and some parts were already missing head lights and plastic inserts. So I have a blind 312.

SAM-0409-1.jpgupload html free

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wallfish
On 11/10/2018 at 1:37 PM, 953 nut said:

Looking at the 1985 Sales Brochure in our "Manuals" section they all appear to have black paint on the ribbed area.

Those red hoods like Randy posted are factory paint jobs and came with the different decals. Think they may have had Briggs engines in them but can't remember for sure.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
6 hours ago, wallfish said:

Those red hoods like Randy posted are factory paint jobs and came with the different decals. Think they may have had Briggs engines in them but can't remember for sure.

Mine has the 10 horse magnum in it and I have seen other pics of 310-8's with paint like mine. I think all I have seen were 85 models, so maybe only 310's in 85 had the all red?

If you do a little google search, a lot of all red 310's come up and they seam to all be 85's.

The decals are different too, but when I repaint its gonna be red and black with the carbon fiber style decals. 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 1

953 nut

One thing we can all be sure of is that :wh: made enough exceptions to the "RULES" that we can all have lively conversations here.   :ychain:

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
35 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

One thing we can all be sure of is that :wh: made enough exceptions to the "RULES" that we can all have lively conversations here.   :ychain:

Not to mention all the custom decals @Vinylguy makes. His stuff looks factory for sure and 20 years from now, there will be some lively discusions as well! 

Randy

• Haha 1

bo dawg
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, Lee1977 said:

I painted my 312-8 Just a little different. It is a worker and some parts were already missing head lights and plastic inserts. So I have a blind 312.

SAM-0409-1.jpgupload html free

What brand/color did you go with on the wheels? I been thinking of doing a dk gray just to be different.

Lee1977

Dupli-Color - Wheel Paint  Graphite.

• Like 1