WHX??

Rat Fink

Pullstart

Congrats @Achto Dan!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

roadapples

Agree, nice Dan. I left my subscription run out about a year ago because wheel horse was seldom seen...:(

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

PeacemakerJack

A well deserved article for such a legendary machine!  Congrats Dan:thumbs:  It always gets me how the tractor that you probably put the least amount of actual work into is the one that generally gets the most attention.  It is a super fun machine that brings together the tractor culture and the hot rod auto culture and I believe that is one of the key reasons that sooooo many people like it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19richie66

Congratulations Dan @Achto that is well deserved. Perfect example of “the rat” 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

WHX??
16 hours ago, roadapples said:

Agree, nice Dan. I left my subscription run out about a year ago because wheel horse was seldom seen...:(

Lately about every issue Jay has something :wh: in it. Not sure but I think Matt has been given a couple of pages an issue for us  "Horse Barn"  folks thanks to our friends @  http://www.lagtmag.com/

Some of you may have seen this already but one of the guys in our bunch of tractor show campers had tees and can koozies made up with this on it. Pretty neat when we all get together for potluck suppers and everyone is sporting one!

20181105_213350.jpg

Edited by WHX21
Speelimg
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 7

Lane Ranger

Glad to see Matt C's article on your Rat Rod Dan in the latest issue of the Lawn and Garden Tractor magazine!     Good pics!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Congratulations Dan.  Outstanding.!!!   :orcs-cheers:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk

Love me some Rat Fink and I wore my shirt proudly at the Steam Pageant.  Dan's tractor was parked next to my spot on "Squonk's Corner" and made things rather busy! Wish I still had my Rat Fink models.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H

A couple more...

Screenshot_20181009-203010.png

Screenshot_20181009-203116.png

Screenshot_20181009-203649.png

• Excellent 3

oliver2-44

Congratulations @Achto 

Hmmm,  seeing as how I really do find myself "Mowing at Dark" quite often, is there a possibility of establishing a Texas Tractor Mafia chapter. I realize I've got some practice to do on my disassembly and truck loading skills, but if I make it to the BS on 4 wheels this year it ain't gonna be pretty :tools-wrench::auto-layrubber:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

wallfish

Congrats Dan!

Just got my mag today and noticed it right away

10 hours ago, WHX21 said:
21 hours ago, roadapples said:

Lately about every issue Jay has something :wh: in it. Not sure but I think Matt has been given a couple of pages an issue for us  "Horse Barn" 

Matt is doing the "Horse Barn" Wheel Horse article for every issue now so interested RS members should subscribe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Achto

Thanks for the congrats & comments every one. Truth be told I find it quite on honor to have an article written on my rusty old hot rod. I think Matt did an awesome job with the pics & the write up. A big thanks to him.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

squonk

Out very own @chris sutton is in 2 pics in the over the pond article. Well done chris! :banana-linedance:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Pullstart
On 11/6/2018 at 8:44 PM, WHX21 said:

You mow at night you might be a good prospect for that TX chapter Ollie... practice on dismantling the wife's car and a crash course from pullstart on loading techniques and ya might earn yer colors! 

OK nuff :text-offtopic:....some more pics of the honoree...

20180610_112135.jpg

20180610_112130.jpg

Hook em up! Gettin a little squirrely .... this thing does it all!

20180609_175146.jpg

In the line up!

20170707_200035.jpg

Chain piling. ..told you this thing does it all!  Nothing like being a little hard on the tranny! 

Chain piling?  Videos?

953 nut
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

Chain piling?

I hope @WHX21 or one of the other GTM Members will post it, it is a riot! You stretch out a long chain, attach one end to your hitch and then go forward and back moving your line over an inch each time making progressively shorter passes until the chain is neatly stacked in short rows next to each other.   Hope I described it properly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Achto
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Hope I described it properly.

Pretty much spot on Richard. We're don't really look for a nice neat pile though. We start with a 30' chain & each contestant is given 2min to make as small of a pile as they can by pulling it forwards & backwards to fold it up. Hydro's definitely have the upper hand in this game, but it can be won with a gear jammer.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto
9 hours ago, pullstart said:

Chain piling?  Videos?

Here's a video of me tearing it up with my 1076

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
45 minutes ago, Achto said:

Here's a video of me tearing it up with my 1076

Shorts and flip flops?  Don’t you know it’s 33 and snowing!!!

looks like a job for an automatic, eh?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

WHX??
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

looks like a job for an automatic, eh?

Yup...unless your fond of gear grinding and front end lift offs. Gotta be really quick with the clutch/shifter! :lol:

20170707_201934.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHNJ701
21 hours ago, pullstart said:

Chain piling?  Videos?

I never heard of it, I thought is like tug o war

• Haha 1

wallfish

Never saw that before either.

That's something we could do at the big show!

Is it $5 a man and winner take all?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Achto
3 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Is it $5 a man and winner take all?

It does get played that way some times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1