Blackhood Bill

New Addition to the herd

WHX??

Lots of potential there! :handgestures-thumbupright:

rjg854

Mighty fine, you should have fun with this project.  Nothing more satisfying than getting one of these mighty steeds up and running again :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

peter lena

good call on that parts list, and getting after it ,there is so much good feedback here , it will surely help you out. good luck with it , pete

• Like 1

953 nut
38 minutes ago, Whnewone said:

make a list of missing parts then tear it down and bring her back to life

:text-coolphotos:          Glad to see you will be showing it some love.       Keep us posted please.

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Man do I ever love the look of those Work Horses. 

I should have bought Varosd's Restored 1800 that he had at the Big Show a few years ago.

He let my Granddaughter ride it around at the show instead of me. :lol:

She ran it out of gas and was afraid she broke it.

She is in high school now but still talks about that show.

• Like 3

Blackhood Bill

Will keep a photo album going thru out the whole process and post here for everyone. Thanks for in advance for any help you guys can give. I'm sure I will have some questions.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Blackhood Bill

Vinylguy I will be calling on you for set of decals. I will also be sending a photo of one that's on it that does not seem to be included in your set. I will be sure to to give measurements of it also. Don't know if you can see it very well but it is one the left side by where you're thigh would be while sitting on the machine.

LengerichKA88

That is a sweet tractor, but those hubcaps are SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

......they for sale? 😂

• Like 1

Blackhood Bill

Sorry caps not for sale I just got them and are going on it. After they Are buffed,polished ,painted

• Excellent 1

LengerichKA88
13 minutes ago, Whnewone said:

Sorry caps not for sale I just got them and are going on it. After they Are buffed,polished ,painted

I didn’t think so, just :ychain:

i haven’t seen those before, so now I’ll be on the look out 

Vinylguy
1 hour ago, Whnewone said:

Vinylguy I will be calling on you for set of decals. I will also be sending a photo of one that's on it that does not seem to be included in your set. I will be sure to to give measurements of it also. Don't know if you can see it very well but it is one the left side by where you're thigh would be while sitting on the machine.

Are you referring to the OPEI decal? 

1740404664_1984OPEI.jpg.1f6970ed013232990a8894100081a370.jpg

• Like 1

Chris G

Very nice tractor to redo! Also vinylguy does have that decal it is just sold separately. I purchase 1 or 2 of them for my machines. 

Goldnboy

I hope your blade doesn't have cancer! A shame it's in that shape.

Blackhood Bill

Didn't see cancer but I have to check the deck at bit closer. It has a hole in it but not sure if it is from that or just had something punched thru it. Yes that was the decal, great to see you have it. I see a long road ahead but I'm looking forward to every minute of it. 

• Like 1

c-series don

I bought my work Horse brand new in 1984. I used it commercially mowing for about 8 years and did countless other tasks with it. The work Horse is a Wheel Horse through and through. I still have it and recently restored it. 

• Like 3

Blackhood Bill

If anybody knows anything about the black paint option and would have a picture I would love to see it

Pullstart

If you feel like offloading that blade, let me know...

Blackhood Bill

I will keep you in mind. Just haven't thought about it.

• Thanks 1

Blackhood Bill

Since this is a 1984 hydro model. To find some parts just wondering how close this is to my  1984 C-145 hydro. Such as belts, pulleys, and maybe sheetmetal

953 nut
5 minutes ago, Whnewone said:

Since this is a 1984 hydro model. To find some parts just wondering how close this is to my  1984 C-145 hydro. Such as belts, pulleys, and maybe sheetmetal

Should all be the same.  That is one of the best part of restoring a :wh:, parts are so interchangeable.  The Briggs engine and paint color were the only real differences.

Blackhood Bill

Well I finally got the tear down started! :banana-rock: Here is day one photos. Didn't expect some of the things I found but I guess that's part of it when you work on someone else's item.

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

c-series don

That’s a common problem. I started out fixing that exact thing and ended up doing a complete restoration! 

95C45C6B-8FBB-41DC-9553-7B00CD921F82.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Blackhood Bill

Hey Don is that a video on the seat?

Blackhood Bill

Well day two brings me to tower removed, hydraulics off. Up on jack stands & ready to remove wheels.

IMG_20181214_151404433.jpg

IMG_20181214_151351632.jpg

• Like 1