12 hp Kohler

picked up a charger 12

Pullstart

There was an axle repair thread a while back, seems like a filler of some sort was utilized.  Jb weld?  Epoxy?  I don’t recall, but it seemed fairly easy.

• Like 1

12 hp Kohler

I will look into that, thanks. 

redone

I am restoring an old wh charger automatic 12 need to find parts manual so to see what parts i need. would you have a parts manual?

Thanks

Bill

• Like 1

953 nut
3 minutes ago, redone said:

I am restoring an old wh charger automatic 12 need to find parts manual so to see what parts i need. would you have a parts manual?

Thanks

Bill

• Like 1

redone

OH Thank you for your help. I really appreciate this.

Bill

• Like 2

oliver2-44

If you put new hubs on and keep the existing axles I would use JB Weld to seat the keys in the old axles to fill up the gaps. This isn’t a perfect fix, but probable the best you can do with the old axles. Also drill and tap the new hubs for a second lock bolt to keep them tight. 

• Excellent 1

redone

Thanks for this info on hydros. I am starting another wheel horse project. take time and patients to restore these old tractors.

Merry Christmas.

Bill

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Hardy6
      By Hardy6
      Hi I recently got an old charger 12 that had been sitting in a friends backyard for at least 20 years. The engine spins over and the starter works but it has no spark, I’ve been looking online for some solutions but I can’t seem to find any other charger 12s with my ignition setup. It seems to have a sort CDI box but I’m not sure. Does anybody know how this works or any tips on how to test for where the problem is ? 
    • BrianKoch
      By BrianKoch
      Hello gentleman, 

Problem: will not crank on its own, will crank with jump box—but still not fire

Recent things I did prior to this issue: cleaned fuel filter, replaced battery cables, replaced cable from ignition to starter

I have my test light out and am probing around. 

There is no power at ignition/magneto wire or the ignition/starter wire

There is power everywhere else

• RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      We brought my next project home last night.  I think I am going to need a BIGGER shed real soon

• RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      It acts like the lever has limited travel and doesn't go far enough to go into reverse.  Something binding?  Bent?
      The tractor showed signs that it had a rollover sometime in its life. Right front axle was welded along with some of the steering parts. 
      I have a 68 charger (for parts) and swapped out the repaired parts with it.
      Possibily bent something there or the friction assy?????
    • RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      Restoring a Charger 12 with a breakerless ignition to breaker ignition.  My theory is .....its only a matter of time before it goes bad so change it now while everything is apart.
      The question:  There are three wires coming from the stator.  Two go to the rectifier and one goes to the breakerless coil.
      What would be the proper way do do away with the third wire?  Just cut it off? or ???  The book doesn't mention conversions.
      Thanks
      Bob