bellevillerod

Barn find 1047

bellevillerod

The tires on the front are from a 854 I'm redoing. I have the original tires along with the full set of chrome caps in excellent condition. 

1541382365621-1049579586.jpg

• Like 3

kasey54

Very nice! What a find, Fantastik. Looks like its ready to go.

• Like 1

Shynon

What is the number on the serial plate under the dash?

bellevillerod

T 867 is on the tag I'm at work now so I'm not sure of any other numbers. 

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Definitely a franken horse custom but superbly well done with taste and dignity. Looks to be a 753 mated to a later 67 or Raider front. Somebody at one time loved that tractor

You serious about that being set out for trash!?!?

BTW :WRS: tell us about your other :wh:s. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Vinylguy

I am probably wrong but I don't think there was a 1047 model. Belt guard decal appears to have a black outline which I've never seen before.  Awesome find though. Beautiful tractor 

• Like 2

WHX??

Your not wrong Terry ....is no such thing from the factory that is.

• Haha 1

bellevillerod

I don't know yet what I have. I did find references to the 1047 as the first two speed trans. It has a high an low gear lever. The old man said it was in the family from New. He wanted the space in his garage and wanted it gone. It still has the paper tags on it. The paint is not worn on the pedals. I just bought it home today so I will take more photos and post. 

bellevillerod

Well what model is this a T-867

bellevillerod

I did give him 200.00 for the tractor I figured the moon caps and snow blade was worth that. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Shynon

You have an 867 , Kohler 8hp changed out for a Tecumseh and fender pan removed a converted to look like a 1045. Here is my 867

20180524_172443.jpg

20180524_172501.jpg

• Like 2

bellevillerod

My deck engagement is all different from what you have. I will get more pics tomorrow and post. 

Shynon
5 minutes ago, bellevillerod said:

My deck engagement is all different from what you have. I will get more pics tomorrow and post. 

Yes it has been updated I wonder how they put the belt on with no tensioner.  steering wheel has been changed also. You have a modified 867 that looks pretty nice.

Edited by Shynon
  • Like 1

WHX??

200 are you for real??? That might be the deal of the year!

An 867 would be big brother to an 857 which would have been a three speed. ...Tom beat me to the incorrect motor thing.

Nice tractor Tom.... for sale by any chance?!?!:ychain:

• Haha 1

Chris G

Definitely a nice score for sure. But I would agree that it appears to be a mix and match of sorts, but with that being said it looks like it was well done and someone's pride and joy.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

bellevillerod

When I couldn't find any information on the tractor I was going to pass. But I am currently redoing an 854 and thought I could use the caps and plow. It has the plow mount also on it. I did find one pic on the forum of a 1047 and it looks like mine. Same motor set up and the like. So I went ahead and paid for it. Ya he was putting it out to the road and his wife told him to try and get some money for it. 

• Like 3

953 nut

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:               That is one fine looking Frankinhorse and any of us would be proud to have it in our stable!    Glad you picked it up rather than some metal scrapper driving by.    :text-bravo:

9 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

probably wrong but I don't think there was a 1047 model.

There is now!            :ychain:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

bellevillerod

Great way to look at it. It is, to my eyes a very neat little tractor. I am parcel to the round nose tractors, this has the same look.. Kinda. I am still working my dad's old C160 auto and love it. But I really like the little guys. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Welcome @bellevillerod!  I like the look of a spring seat on anything :wh:!  If you decide it wasn’t worth $200, I’ll be on my way!  :dance:

• Haha 3

71_Bronco

Very cool tractor, I like the combo of the square hood and the rounder-style fenders. Looks like it was a well-done build, not a hack-job.

Definitely a great buy at $200. Cant believe the previous owner was gonna trash it :bitch:

• Like 3

peter lena

thank you, for saving that tractor ! just the thought of that going to metal scrap is scary. hybrid, restomod, whatever ,it looks very good . good luck with it , no problem being happy, pete

• Like 3

Elkskin's mower junkyard

I do scrap but if someone was throwing that out I would of took it. Then kept it lol

bellevillerod

Well I guess I should do an update on the Frankenhorse. I just got it unloaded and had to leave for work last night. As soon as I got home I had to try to start it. Put gas in a battery I had and a shot of starter fluid. Fired right up! Sounds like a little Harley. I heard a wirling sound and put it in gear. Only has low and the pulley that runs the gearbox has slop in it. So now I have a idea why he was putting it out. So it looks like I have to split the rear-end and have a look. Anybody have a drawing of one of these two speed gear boxes? 

• Like 1

gwest_ca

A 867 original transmission. Click on the picture

Tractor manual

Garry

• Like 1