bellevillerod

Barn find 1047

bellevillerod

Wish I could have met the guy who started this job. I like the way he thinks and he did a great job so far. I will have to finish his dream machine. He must of really cared about his horse. 

• Like 3

bellevillerod

Was thinking about a way to get tension on the belt. With the drive on it now what do you think of this? The foot peg already has a roll pin hole for the drive. Does this make sense to you? Or am I in left field. 

20181105_231249.jpg

• Excellent 1

953 nut

You have drawn exactly what I was thinking about.    One thing to keep in mind is that the PTO pulley is bigger than the old engine pulley so the blade speed on the mower will be a bit faster. Not too sure how well the old gear drive will hold up with increased RPMs.

• Like 1

Pullstart

That looks quite a bit like the factory one, but how do you plan to engage or disengage the pto?

• Confused 1

953 nut
38 minutes ago, pullstart said:

how do you plan to engage or disengage the pto?

Guess he will have to use the lever!                                    :hide:                                :ROTF:

20181104_103417.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Oh, right...  maybe I was trying to ninja a 1047 into the truck!  :ROTF::banana-ninja::dance:

• Haha 1

bellevillerod
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

That looks quite a bit like the factory one, but how do you plan to engage or disengage the pto?

I was wondering if that rpm increase could be what fried the needle bearing on the trans? That and it was really low on oil in the gear box. 

bellevillerod

Found another angle on my phone.. 

20181104_103532.jpg

• Excellent 3

Pullstart

It was probably the lack of oil, some people overdrive the transmissions for higher ground speed, without issue.  

bellevillerod
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

It was probably the lack of oil, some people overdrive the transmissions for higher ground speed, without issue.  

Either way I see a trans split in the future. I was watching some of the YouTube videos on rebuilds on this model. Looks relatively easy to do. So long as there is no major damage inside. 

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Rare to find an original dash plate in such great condition.

1047.jpg.a3ad691a3d0ef551471ab15055f2d618.jpg

• Like 4

953 nut
2 hours ago, bellevillerod said:

I see a trans split in the future.

Take a look at this post by @stevasaurus, It will guide you through the entire process and Steve knows these transmissions.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 3

bellevillerod
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Take a look at this post by @stevasaurus, It will guide you through the entire process and Steve knows these transmissions.

That's funny right there...those are the vids i was watching last night. He is the reason I said it looked easy, probably is not. But the way he walks you through it makes you think, ya I can do this. I know I'm asking for a lot but...who's the source for internal parts if you need some? 

• Like 1

Pullstart
15 minutes ago, bellevillerod said:

That's funny right there...those are the vids i was watching last night. He is the reason I said it looked easy, probably is not. But the way he walks you through it makes you think, ya I can do this. I know I'm asking for a lot but...who's the source for internal parts if you need some? 

The way that @stevasaurus explains things makes what you might call difficult into an easy job!

• Like 3

bellevillerod

Vinylguy that got me too, along with the rest of this thing. It looks almost unused, the paint on the bottom of the deck is still there. There are paper stickers with batch and lot numbers on them still in place. the latch for the hood has no wear on it. I'm when the storm passes here in Mi, getting some detail pics. But I am not an expert by any measure. And still being in the New Toy haze I may come to see that this is 12ft tractor lol.

• Like 1

bellevillerod

IF YOU HAVEN'T VOTED AND YOU ARE VOTING RED.....GO VOTE!!          JMTC              

• Excellent 1

LengerichKA88

That is a sweet looking tractor... talk about right place at the right time! I’ll be following along on this one, but unless you drive it off a cliff I don’t think anyone could be disappointed in whatever direction you take it. 

It just got its second wind, that’s the important part! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
33 minutes ago, bellevillerod said:

.who's the source for internal parts if you need some?

All of the seals and bearings, except the 1533 bearings, can be purchased at NAPA or any good bearing supplier. The 1533s can be bought from Lowell, he has lots of good stuff.    https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/transmissions.html#!/Transmissions/c/23548039/offset=12&sort=normal

If you find that gears or shafts are needed just post them in the classifieds here. Lots of good used parts out there.

• Thanks 1

WHX??
7 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

Rare to find an original dash plate in such great condition.

1047.jpg.a3ad691a3d0ef551471ab15055f2d618.jpg

Good eye Terry... very rare

• Like 1

Herder
9 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

Good eye Terry... very rare

I have a Charger that's spent it's hole life stored inside and the dash plate not nearly as nice.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

CasualObserver

Pat built that tractor and documented here. 

I haven't seen Pat around the forum in years. He was a Hoosier with a somewhat large herd,  but I think like many members that disappear, family needed to come first and he hasn't made his way back. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

I wonder how it changed hands to be tossed?

• Like 2

WHX??

That is a really good ? Kev. So at least  know we know the guy that gave it some love. Appears you have a nice blast from the past Belleville.

I gave your post a sad @CasualObserver cause it seems Pat's obvious  affliction & talent was absconded by life. After reading that thread I changed it , Seems those guys were pretty tight back then.

From that thread @Vinylguy

" The dash decal came from horsedr2000 on ebay. It's been sitting in my desk for at least a year because I wanted one of Terry's for my Electro. The shift decal came from Terry with chrome background"

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 3

CasualObserver
1 hour ago, WHX21 said:

Seems those guys were pretty tight back then.

You could definitely say that. There are quite a few names in that thread that have lost touch or hobby interests have changed over the years, but you can see what made this forum great even way back then... the people and the camaraderie. That's what has ALWAYS set this forum apart from so many others.

Your never know what you'll find if you go looking in the basement (old threads) here. Sadly so many pictures have been lost over the years from outside hosting... we didn't used to have quite the capability we do now. Luckily the ones in that thread are all still there!

1 hour ago, pullstart said:

I wonder how it changed hands to be tossed?

Knowing Pat it was probably sold or traded for another Horse!  10 years later.... who knows how many times it changed hands and what happened to it.  Will be awesome to see it resurrected @bellevillerod  As you can see it was loved when it was built.  Looking forward to the updates.

• Excellent 5