DaleLicht

C165 front wheel/rim replacement

DaleLicht

Hello Wheelhorse Fans,

I have a 1984 C165, and the front rims are rusted and deteriorated to the point where I don't think they would hold air without tubes in them, and I am actually worries about the tire coming off the rim. I would like to replace them. Any retro fit info would be greatly appreciated since I can not locate the OEM, or Used rims for sale.

Thank you,

Dale

peter lena

just looking around and spotted this  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-WHEEL-HORSE-C-161-8-SPEED-TRACTOR-Front-Wheels-Rims-With-16x6-5-8-Tires/323443253518?hash=item4b4eb8610e:g:r1wAAOSwHUlbmVlS  could be more than you want , but then these wheels are complete. you can take it from there , and find what you want , good luck ,pete

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

DaleLicht

Thanks Pete,

I guess didn't look hard enough. I will follow up and close this thread,

Thanks again,

Dale

DaleLicht

So after looking a little more thoroughly, the part number I am looking for is #105882. The wheels referenced by Pete, are incorrect. I could not find any on Ebay and it is a discontinued. Saw nothing in the classifieds section either. Any info is appreciated.

Thank you

oliver2-44

Contact Lin on at A-Z tractor in the vendor section

• Excellent 1

Tractorhead

I found a store here in Germany, they sell brand new Rims.

also with Inch Ballbearings, i just don't know if they send to US, but a question cost nothing but a e-mail

http://www.radundrolle.de/seiten/Felgen/Stahlfelgen/Kugelllager-Felge_450Ax6.htm

the Item No: 

253230WZ575 KuLa 3/4 Zoll
(19,05mm)
75mm 35,2x19,05x12,5mm 26,90 €

Seems exactly what you looking for. It was a Ballbearing Rim with 3/4" diameter for the Axle.

this Rim is released for 300 Kilos thats about 660 pounds 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, DaleLicht said:

So after looking a little more thoroughly, the part number I am looking for is #105882. The wheels referenced by Pete, are incorrect. I could not find any on Ebay and it is a discontinued. Saw nothing in the classifieds section either. Any info is appreciated.

Thank you

They would still work. Just different design probably

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

any time I get a chance to buy wheels , I get them , a bearing change, clean up , Navajo white paint , and fluid film to mount tires , that also prevents rust issues in rims. I just like the old school look of a 8" front wheel, keep it simple , pete

• Excellent 1

Sparky
9 hours ago, DaleLicht said:

Saw nothing in the classifieds section either.

Can't hurt to post in our "Wanted" section.

Sometimes it's easier to buy an entire tractor just for parts. For less than a pair of new front rims I bought today a C121 that was previously dismantled. Came with everything including two Kohler 12's, two 8 speed granny's with hubs, a pair of rear rims with tires and piles of other items...and of course front rims ( sorry, not for sale). Just another way to score a set of rims :eusa-think:

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH
9 hours ago, Sparky said:

...two 8 speed granny's with hubs,

Couldn't find an automatic Granny? My grannies make better cookies when they are automatics...with or without hubs...:ychain:

18 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Contact A-Z tractor in the vendor section

:text-yeahthat:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

pacer

Probably many rims will interchange......from what I've found the axle length is pretty much the determining factor - IIRC falls in the 3 to 4" lengths. A couple time I have used a rim that was a 1/4-1/2" shorter and used a spacer to make up the difference. But unless they are REALLY bad I just put tubes in.

Sparky
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Couldn't find an automatic Granny? My grannies make better cookies when they are automatics...with or without hubs...:ychain:

Haha! Late night posting and a real finicky spell check on my I-pad strikes again! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

DaleLicht

Thanks to everyone for your help. I was able to purchase a used wheel from A-Z Tractor. :text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 2