TravelinJavelin

when i'm not playing with tractors i'm playing guitars

oliver2-44

Ol' Maybelene got my foot tappin

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 1

Jerry77

Well, that was great - good job and wish I had that much talent..keep it up...:greetings-clappingyellow:

Pullstart

Sounds like you need to get to the big show and serenade the parade!  That guitar sounds so good!

• Like 2

TravelinJavelin

well believe it or not i was a elvis vocalist for 25 years i just got out of a 14 year marriage and started to playing again......hadn't picked up a guitar in 3 years and played a piano for a while jerry lee lewis stuff ......i love boogie and rockabilly music would love to get down to the big show and show off the ol'953 lol write a wheel horse tractor song lol    

Edited by TravelinJavelin
  • Like 6

jay bee

Great job.  Love the twang.  Also a BIG Ventures fan.

• Like 1

TravelinJavelin

i love the ventures too man and duane eddy!

• Like 1

19richie66

Sounds good. My dad had a “Country Gentleman” he used to play in the church band when I was a kid. I remember riding in his 64 Buick GS and listening to the Ventures on his 8 track. I found the vinyl version in a record store and bought it just to have.  I also love listening to Danny Gatton, Stevie Ray and some Brian Setzer just to name a few. This is as close to a Wheelhorse song as I can find :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

TravelinJavelin

Brian Setzer is one of my favorites too

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, TravelinJavelin said:

Brian Setzer is one of my favorites too

Nice work Brandon.

Great to get back to things we love after a challenging time of life sets them aside for a bit.

I've also been a long time admirer of Setzer.

Like the rockabilly sound...

• Like 2

Pullstart
15 hours ago, TravelinJavelin said:

well believe it or not i was a elvis vocalist for 25 years i just got out of a 14 year marriage and started to playing again......hadn't picked up a guitar in 3 years and played a piano for a while jerry lee lewis stuff ......i love boogie and rockabilly music would love to get down to the big show and show off the ol'953 lol write a wheel horse tractor song lol    

The problem with too many toys (switches) is you can loose track of....  ooo shiney!

• Haha 1

TravelinJavelin

ohh no not at all ........................got to have variety 

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Outstanding !!  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 2

TravelinJavelin

thanks steve now if i can putthis tranny together like i can play i might stand a chance lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

stevasaurus

I was stationed in Winter Harbor, Me in the early 70's.  They had a show on TV then on Saturday nights called Frankenstein's Country Jamboree.  Frankenstein's was  the sponsor out of Milbridge, Me...a hardware store.  We used to watch it when I was stationed there.  It was a show where people from Maine would get on TV and sing, play instruments, act or what ever.  It was like a gong show, but every once in a while...they had a real talent show up.  I got a kick out of the Maine accent singing country western.  I doubt that the show is still going on, but some old time Mainers might still remember it.  Anyway, I noticed you do not have that Maine accent...so...how long have you lived in Maine.??  The talent is there and I wish I could do what you are doing.  Thank you for sharing...the videos are excellent.  I have to tell you also...I miss 10 pin bowling.  We do not have that in the midwest.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2

TravelinJavelin

well steve i do have the accent sometimes it shows in different places lived here all my life but i was a elvis vocalist for or have been since 8 yrs old i had won a trip to graceland back in 2002 a dream that was fullfilled of mine at the time but as far as the show in maine ...never heard of it but yeah when i 'm watching your vids i do get a kick out of your accent as well i don't know if you know it or not but you have a famous line where your taking a gear out and not cooperating well and then you say " C'mon sweetheart " i crack up and say to myself well you got to talk to the gears to makee'm do what u want lol

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

noticed you do not have that Maine accent

Yeah we have it real thick in various localities throughout the state.

It's stronger around certain people or crowds for sure.

5 minutes ago, TravelinJavelin said:

you have a famous line where your taking a gear out and not cooperating well and then you say " C'mon sweetheart " 

I've noticed that too...:lol:

And get a kick out of the various accents of those of us from around the country... And globe.

Midwest accent is interesting to me.

Here in New England we're always taking the "R" (pronounced ah) out of words.

You folks out there (pronounced they-uh) add 'em where there was none.

Ex.

Place you park... Gararge.

Place we pahk.... G'rahge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

TravelinJavelin

here's the famous Maine line " you caaaan't get there''ahh from heeere'ah lol!

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Oh yeah. As truckers we're constantly looking for correct directions and we use that one all the time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sparky

Those vids were great! Had my foot tapping to that Chuck Berry song!!

• Like 3

stevasaurus

We used to go down to the docks in Winter Harbor and watch and listen when the lobster boats would come in.  Those lobster men speak a different language.  I know I have a bit of a Chicago accent, but if you ever get just outside of downtown...that is a different language also.  :orcs-cheers:

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I know I have a bit of a Chicago accent,

A guy I know from up here in Maine tells kind of a funny story. He was born and raised right there near Norway, South Paris where Brandon is from. So of course the letter R is not even part of his speaktitude.

He married a woman who was born and raised in the suburbs of "Chicargo".

Well after she had been here for 20 or 25 years they went home for a visit and that was the first time he had met her sister who had been living there the whole time.

Needless to say there was an extremely serious communication issue.

he was running a bit on the warm side and decided to change from pants to shorts.

He mumbled something to that effect around his wife's sister and she immediately went to his wife and said that she should probably go see her husband because she thought he was having a medical issue. He had to get his "shots" on.

The Tuul Crib

Have you ever been to music city? I've been here in Nashville for 30 years playing music. I play drums pedal steel guitar and acoustic guitar. The music scene is great here and I always would have room for another tractor dude!:violin:

• Like 1

TravelinJavelin

thats funny my mother just moved to newport tennessee was in scottsville KY but have been to nashville