D_Mac

Will it or won't it ? Should I or Should'nt I?

D_Mac

Chance to buy this single stage snow blower attachment but not sure if it would fit my 308-8 or not. The owner dosnt know the model number but says it is close to a 6-211 or st4201  but he can not be sure. He said it was mounted on a 1971 Raider 12. That and these photos is all I have to go by. Lets say it would fit my 1986 308-8. Does the Magnum 8 pack enough ponies to make it all worth it? Upstate NY we get our fair share of snow. I already have a beast of a snow blower that gets the job done. I can buy the attachment for 100 bucks. Value any of your thoughts on the matter. Thanks

00w0w_hf1CDbF83YU_600x450.jpg

00l0l_IPjxqcmY6M_600x450.jpg

00404_jJVz6Uq5bsf_600x450.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
bad photos
  • Like 1

pfrederi

You may need to modify the mounting frame or get a different one.  Hard to tell from you picture but is there a welded in rod near the end of the mounting bracket (Circled in BLue) or just two holes that would accommodate a long bolt. For your tachmatic you need the shorter bracket with the welded in rod.  The second two pictures show the difference you need #3 I think you have #2

inked.jpg

IMG_3004.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi

8hp will get the job done but it will be slower than a bigger hp unit.  However sitting down on a tractor is easier than horsing a big walk behind around...

• Like 3

D_Mac

Great photos explaining what I need. Thank You. I asked the seller for more pictures. Those are the chains for the tires that are covering the mount in the sellers photos. Like I said I have a 10 hp Husqvarna that I use. I would rather have a blade for the 308-8 but I have not stumbled across one yet. I would imagine I would need the same type of mount for a blade as I would for the snow blower.

midpack

5 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

I would imagine I would need the same type of mount for a blade as I would for the snow blower. 

no, you need a rear axle bracket to use a plow,

• Like 1

pfrederi

$100 for a working blower and chains is good deal.  The bracket you could modify yourself or pick up one used for small $$

gwest_ca

Here is a list of the models. They are 37" wide without the wing extensions which make it 42". Should work well without the wings in deep dry snow.

Snowthrower DNA

All have 2 idler sprockets for the drive chain.

1966-67 model ST-376

1968 model 6-1211

1969 6-6211 plus 6-9111

1970-72 model 6-6212 plus 6-9112

All without front quick hitch so not a direct fit for 1973 and later tractors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Front quick hitch introduced

1973-74 model 6-6212 plus 6-9113

1974 model 6-6213 - (First model to include 8-0221 extensions without the front straight return - just a flat plate)

1975 model 6-6214 - (First model to include 8-0221 [103552 replaced by 93-1617 and 93-1617-01] side extensions with the front straight return. First model to have a cable spool on chute rotating crank handle)

1976 model 6-6215 - This one -

1976 model 66-42ST01 - and this one are likely identical. The model number format changed.

1977 model 76-42ST01 - This one

1978 model 86-42ST01 - and this one

1979 model 96-42ST01 - and this one plus 1980 may be all the same. They started using a different model number for each model year.

1980 model 06-42ST01 - (Last 42" model to use 4 grooved rollers for the chute)

Garry

Ed Kennell
5 hours ago, pfrederi said:

$100 for a working blower and chains is good deal.  The bracket you could modify yourself or pick up one used for small $$

:text-yeahthat:      Yep, that is a bargain, and you may be able to trade the blower for a plow.    

BTW, it is possible to mount a blower with that frame mount adapter kit on a tractor with a front  attach-a- matic.    You do have to trim about 1/4" off the front of the two ears to clear the bracket support bar.   Personally, I prefer the frame mount.  I feel the geometry is better with  the longer pivot point  requiring less force to lift the blower and allows a higher lift than the shorter attach-a-matic mount.

• Like 1

D_Mac

Well as it turned out it was the wrong mount. PFREDERI was right on with his photos. I passed on the set up even though it is a good deal. Thanks to everyone for the help.