Pullstart

“Daddy my tractor doesn’t move right”

Pullstart

Jada’s tractor started slipping.  Funny how long kids will go with a problem, thinking they broke it and scared to think a parent might be upset :eusa-think:

57EF1447-F6D8-47B8-9783-424BF52BFB14.jpeg

104A4BD5-DB19-49DE-8A23-3D634CF08761.jpeg

C8C529A8-EFED-458E-8E48-CCD9EA5A82A4.jpeg

8481843C-1340-405F-BB94-9FE35F2B9395.jpeg

0BB90CBD-B7CE-4FAC-93FB-8F73A171D636.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 3

LengerichKA88

Hell, I’m 30 and still have those “How do I tell XYZ I messed this up.” Moments haha. 

• Haha 6

The Tuul Crib

So.... is it a belt?:eusa-think:

Pullstart

Yep.  Some friends stopped by and I got distracted instructing and talking and forgot to take more pictures.  It grabs now!

Edited by pullstart
Auto correct
  • Like 3

KC9KAS
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Funny how long kids will go with a problem, thinking they broke it and scared to think a parent might be upset 

At a show 2 weeks ago. A young girl was driving her family Craftsman pulling a trailer with a friend.

They rode around for hours on end and finally the machine just stopped...It would run but nor move.

The girl was just crying and sobbing. Her friend tried to comfort her to no avail.

I looked underneath to see the belt off the transmission pulley and shredded. Another GT buddy was going to help me get her machine back to their family spot.

We both explained that the belt was no big deal, but she said "dads going to kill me"! We told her that wouldn't happen.

The girls mother came to the location and we told her the belt came off and was shredded, and she said, "we have that problem all the time" !

When the father arrived he was very rough with the little girl asking "what did you do"?

My friend stuck his neck out and said, "she was just driving around with her friend having a good time"!

I hope the guy didn't give his daughter too much lip, as she didn't cause the problem!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

Tractorhead

@pullstart

You can tell her i am impressed about, that she lay's self hand on to solve the problem.

That's pretty cool and neither provided.

Otherwise by this Father, she is maybe infected to solve her problems because of good role model.

Hopefully the Tractor runs quick again.

greets.

Stefan

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
56 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

@pullstart

You can tell her i am impressed about, that she lay's self hand on to solve the problem.

That's pretty cool and neither provided.

Otherwise by this Father, she is maybe infected to solve her problems because of good role model.

Hopefully the Tractor runs quick again.

greets.

Stefan

I just want to have kids that are confident and understand their problems, instead of needing to rely on someone to tell them what is wrong :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

JAinVA

You are doing it right! My daughter has a female friend who had a flat tire and didn't know what to do.Erin changed the tire.It was like magic to her friend.No big deal mom showed me how to change tires years ago.Mom is pretty handy to.You can't teach them everything but it is surprising what they pickup watching you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Chris G
39 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I just want to have kids that are confident and understand their problems, instead of needing to rely on someone to tell them what is wrong :handgestures-thumbupright:

I agree with this. I try my hardest to teach that to my kids. I used the same rules my dad and grandad did with me. I had them sit right there with me and helped them build there first tractor, minibikes and go karts. Now they understand them and appreciate them. And it's super cool when u see them kinda bragging to there friends, oh no we didn't buy this me and my dad built it.

• Like 6

ohiofarmer

My daughter was in college 100miles away.  With a bit of help and advice from me,,she was able to change out a fuel filter [railmounted under the car] and was soon on her way.   It totally impressed some of the college men who happened by.  She is currently seeking a higher degree and driving a 1979 Buick but wants a truck.....There you go!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 3

Pullstart

Looking at the first pics and the description, I need to add that she wasn’t ashamed in the pictures, she was trying to keep her nose warm.  We had a great time in the garage, and I was thrilled that she was interested in the way the belt guard aids in the belt/clutch design, etc.  Our 1/4 mile test drive to pick up walnuts was fun, she kept saying “this thing is so jumpy now!”  :handgestures-thumbupright:  I know that they know I love ‘em, the random hugs tell me so!  :dance:

• Excellent 4

Tractorhead
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

Looking at the first pics and the description, I need to add that she wasn’t ashamed in the pictures, she was trying to keep her nose warm.  We had a great time in the garage, and I was thrilled that she was interested in the way the belt guard aids in the belt/clutch design, etc.  Our 1/4 mile test drive to pick up walnuts was fun, she kept saying “this thing is so jumpy now!”  :handgestures-thumbupright:  I know that they know I love ‘em, the random hugs tell me so!  :dance:

Jada looked in first pic to shy for  - or maybe miss Mystery 😄 Hard to say from the pic.

Trust me your support to the Girls especially if they interested in, is the best you can do to your Kids.

Even later on, if you kid's are grown and out in they'r on rooms. On the 16. birthday of my youngest daugther 

She give me a wish list- a own tool set and a own accudrill - don't ask why..

My kids are now young Ladies, but they are on most troubles able to solve them.

i got any harder solved issue a call beginning with the words - hey daddy i must tell you...

Iam damn proud of my Girls.

Whenever they must solve a problem, you are in their mind, and if the problem is solved theyre remember to and are proud of her daddy and sometimes they give you a call.

👍😇

• Like 2

D_Mac

Gotta love the flower power hood ornament. 

• Thanks 1

Sparky

Well done! Good parenting!

My daughter had no interest in any tractor wrenching and was happy to just be an occasional driver but my son did and with a watchful eye (mine) I started letting him tackle small tasks like swapping his rear tires, he wanted AG's on everything :D , moved on to fluid changes and away we went! 

He is now 23 years old with a 2016 WRX and it's not uncommon for me to find him in the garage with some part of it ripped out and new performance stuff going in.

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1