Pullstart

Happy Halloween Ride

roadapples

I have no daughters, but the squirrels do that here. Without the tractors of course..:ychain:

• Haha 6

The Tuul Crib

Let me take a guess at this is this why tractor is slipping !:twocents-02cents:

• Haha 6

LengerichKA88

Around here, come spring all the ones the squirrels lost pop up all over the yard 

never known someone to WISH for them to grow 😂😂

• Haha 6

Mows4three

Hey Pullstart!   

That's some mighty flat country out your way in Michigan.    Looks like good ground, too.   I'll bet you would love to have some of those rocks and boulders EBinMaine has to contend with.  

I'll bet Eric dreams about flat ground like yours when he slumbers (he never sleeps - I heard he only gets drowsy and always has one eye open).  

Happy Halloween everyone!

Cheers!

Dave

• Haha 6

Tractorhead

@pullstart How cool Pics that are...

Respect to the Younger lady, she's riding the Horse so cool, like Lucky Luke rides the jolly jumper.

Lookin on Pic 5  right ! - like that Pic the most !

only the soundtrack by outcast in combination is missing.

heeeeyaaa heeeyyaaaa!

😄

• Like 6

Mows4three

Is that a Cherry Bomb on that 502????

Dave

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
4 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Let me take a guess at this is this why tractor is slipping !:twocents-02cents:

Rylee (the little one on the beast of a Commando 800) is the crazy one that might explain why she needs a belt.  Jada is cautious all the time but still needed a belt! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Pullstart
44 minutes ago, Mows4three said:

Is that a Cherry Bomb on that 502????

Dave

Sure is... one of the first mods I did to it, long long time ago.  It’s got the silencer core from my Honda Shadow 750 welded into the top of it, so it’s rather quiet.

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Mows4three said:

I'll bet you would love to have some of those rocks and boulders EBinMaine has to contend with.  

I'll bet Eric dreams about flat ground like yours when he slumbers (he never sleeps - I heard he only gets drowsy and always has one eye open).

I'll gladly send you or anyone else these rocks for the low low price of you paying the postage.

:P

zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz..... Flat ground......... zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz....

We went to North Dakota a couple years ago.

Tooooo flat.

Just weird.

I like my mountains.

IMG_20180930_105618891.jpg.bc5ac26b9709d4fb67d38c4043e21977.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

Yes mountains good ! I have love ❤️ for the Rockies!  My wife and I got married in the wildflowers in Colorado at 11,000 feet !

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
5 hours ago, Mows4three said:

Hey Pullstart!   

That's some mighty flat country out your way in Michigan.    Looks like good ground, too.   I'll bet you would love to have some of those rocks and boulders EBinMaine has to contend with.  

Happy Halloween everyone!

Cheers!

Dave

“I can see clearly that the world is round, drops off about 20 miles that way”

sounds like a song I know... ever heard it in ME @ebinmaine?  :D

Edited by pullstart
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

JAinVA

Making memories with the kids.It might surprise you 20yrs from now what they remember of this activity.Enjoy them at this age cause they grow up so fast!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Achto
8 hours ago, pullstart said:

The girls and I were accompanied by my niece on a ride to grab some walnuts.  After we crush them in the driveway, we’ll bury small piles in the field and hope for some seedlings come spring time!

Those look like black walnuts:blink:. Are you sure you want black walnut trees in your yard?!?!?!? I have one in my yard & every other year I have to clean up after the darn thing. The pic below was after my first cleaning last year. By the time the tree was empty this 8' pick up box trailer was level full (yes to the top of the racks) with wall nuts. "Sell them" my friends have said, well if they were worth 5cents a ton I'd be happy to. Instead I take them out to my nephews woods & dump them.

59e0031b69bc2_IMG_20171012_171743787826-min.jpg.4b8915906893ed5a60dbb95af52dd99a.jpg

In fact, last year was the last time that I will have to castrate my lawn. That tree will be history as soon as the ground freezes this year.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

We got the walnuts scooped back up, and dug some holes out in the switchgrass that I planted this spring and buried random amounts here and there.  This is the back 2 acres of our property, and I’m hoping it’ll draw in more deer for a habitat.  In the past week I kicked up rabbits, plenty of feathered friends and today a decent 5 or 6 point buck.  I was too busy pointing him out to the girls to count his antlers!

F84A0A49-B80C-429D-8962-2EA93A80F0A3.jpeg

1800D823-FE00-464F-85F6-F86233901630.jpeg

226B478B-FCF9-4B54-9AF2-785C60DEF031.jpeg

FB04B9A2-8105-4AD2-BC6F-FB606E7080C0.jpeg

910F38CA-2DD4-4D37-A60C-78A892EEE310.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, Achto said:

Those look like black walnuts:blink:. Are you sure you want black walnut trees in your yard?!?!?!? I have one in my yard & every other year I have to clean up after the darn thing. The pic below was after my first cleaning last year. By the time the tree was empty this 8' pick up box trailer was level full (yes to the top of the racks) with wall nuts. "Sell them" my friends have said, well if they were worth 5cents a ton I'd be happy to. Instead I take them out to my nephews woods & dump them.

59e0031b69bc2_IMG_20171012_171743787826-min.jpg.4b8915906893ed5a60dbb95af52dd99a.jpg

In fact, last year was the last time that I will have to castrate my lawn. That tree will be history as soon as the ground freezes this year.

These will become part of a blended habitat to many a wildlife some day... if all goes well!  I used to hope a deer would walk through my field, soon I’ll call them out of the back:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Pullstart

If I learned anything today, it’s that I need to load my new tires!  I lost traction way too often in the field!

Mows4three

Man, I LOVE that Cherry Bomb.  Takes me back to the 70's when I was trying to hot rod an AMC Hornet.   Embarrassing when I look back at it, but it's all I had at the time.   "Run what ya brung," I heard someone say here recently.  

Great photos with the kids.  Keep them close so you know where they are.  Too much evil in the world today.

Cheers!

Dave

• Excellent 2

WHX??

All fine and dandy Kev but your tractors and more importantly yer girls are makin me nervous that close to a road with big trucks a lumberin..just sayin. You out in those wet fields for ground work or trollin  for gators!?!?

Pullstart
1 minute ago, WHX21 said:

All fine and dandy Kev but your tractors and more importantly yer girls are makin me nervous that close to a road with big trucks a lumberin..just sayin. You out in those wet fields for ground work or trollin  for gators!?!?

Luckily those big trucks are paying great attention around the house!  Most of them honk numerous times a day hauling back and forth, watching the girls on their “rigs”.  The fields were a bit soft all right....  Rylee’s chained up Screamin’ Jimmy had no problems though :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

WHX??

Fine then I say bury them in the muck...loads of fun gettin them out! 'Long as no gators present! :lol:

• Haha 3

WHX??
15 minutes ago, Mows4three said:

"Run what ya brung," I heard someone say here recently.

Atta been me... along with ride it like ya stole it.....old biker jargon... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

LengerichKA88
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Sure is... one of the first mods I did to it, long long time ago.  It’s got the silencer core from my Honda Shadow 750 welded into the top of it, so it’s rather quiet.

Actually, according to this picture a mere hour or so after we picked up our first tractor, the Shadow was a WH Model. 😂😂

673A30A8-1E4D-4E05-83C0-2D45E0A6FDA2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, pullstart said:

sounds like a song I know... ever heard it in ME @ebinmaine?  :D

Oh yeah!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

Those are precious moments with your kiddos Kevin.  They grow up so quickly and we need to capitalize on every minute we can with them.  So fun to be able to include the hobby :wh: as part of the fun.  

On the bright side with all those walnut trees, by the time they get big enough to produce any amount of walnuts, you’ll be a pretty old dude!:teasing-poke:  I planted a 3’ tall Walnut about 8 years ago.  This summer the tallest branches are about 7’ high above the ground.  By comparison I have a silver maple that I planted about the same time is now about 25’ tall!  However,  I have several family members that have mature walnut trees in their yards and know how much work they can be like Achto has shown!  Dan—I’m guessing that you will put that all Walnut wood to good use in the future after you harvest it

:eusa-think:

Kevin, Looks like you could use some more weight on putt-putt for sure.  That is some mucky stuff—I’m guessing by the look of it that you too have had a wet fall. It seems like the rain just won’t quit around here...

Thanks for the great thread—I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading it and following along.  I see those big flat fields as great opportunities for dropping a furrow plow and turning that trash upside down:thumbs:

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Excellent 1