Dennis C.

rear tires

Dennis C.

The more  I dig into this tractor the more difficult it is to find tires. The original tires are no longer available for this Workhorse 700 tractor. Rim measures 13 inches across but the tire is a Firestone 6x12. What are others using for a replacement? This tires are dry rotted and beyond use. Thanks

Elkskin's mower junkyard
18 minutes ago, Dennis C. said:

The more  I dig into this tractor the more difficult it is to find tires. The original tires are no longer available for this Workhorse 700 tractor. Rim measures 13 inches across but the tire is a Firestone 6x12. What are others using for a replacement? This tires are dry rotted and beyond use. Thanks

Heres some

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-Carlisle-Farm-R-1-Agricultural-Farm-Tires-Only-6-12-6X12-6PR-LRC/253228004334?hash=item3af590b3ee

Pullstart

I’ve used Deestone ags twice now, 23x8.50 on the 502 then C-101 and 23x10.50 on the 502. They do fine for what I need, the 8.50’s are probably the same size as the 6-12’s you’re looking for as they run small.  The 10.50’s I’m sure would still fit just fine.

I don’t have a picture of the 8.5’s handy, but here are the 10.50’s on the left.  The tall ones on the right are 6.7-15’s

21BE4645-0905-4861-B040-0B283FF53AB2.jpeg

Mike'sHorseBarn
1 hour ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

I've used these same tires. Good quality and they look nice. I highly recommend them.

If you want something closer to the original tread you can get these, but they are very expensive.

http://www.millertire.com/products/lawn-garden-tires/6-12/6-12-firestone-town-country-turf-4-ply/

• Like 1

WHNJ701

Summit racing has good prices on 6-12s, miller is too $$$

peter lena

just did the Wal-Mart / tractor supply, combo for tires, deliver to store , free

• Like 2

ebinmaine

I'll put another vote in for the Walmart ones.

Can't beat that price.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Your rim probably measures 13 inches on the outer diameter.  It should measure 12 inches in the area the tire seats on.  Thats were the 12 number in the 6x12 comes from 

• Like 1

Dennis C.

After looking at the Ag tires, I'm not really sure I want to put those on. The repo Firestone tires are REALLY expensive.  Is there a turf tire that will fit on my rims? Thanks 

WHNJ701

what about used?  I usually sell off the turf tires when I do restorations since I like the look of ags better.  maybe place a want ad on few tractor sites or craiglist

The Tuul Crib
On 10/31/2018 at 7:50 PM, ebinmaine said:

I'll put another vote in for the Walmart ones.

Can't beat that price.

:text-yeahthat:

littleredrider

Sounds stupid but the Ags won’t tear up the lawn in less a tire spins. Just normal driving around it’s just fine. I have Ags on all my machines. One has some serious lugs that measure 1 1/2” and they don’t tear it up. 

• Like 2

Pullstart
2 hours ago, littleredrider said:

Sounds stupid but the Ags won’t tear up the lawn in less a tire spins. Just normal driving around it’s just fine. I have Ags on all my machines. One has some serious lugs that measure 1 1/2” and they don’t tear it up. 

So long as your machine has an open differential :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Dennis C.
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:08 AM, WVHillbilly520H said:

If you don't want the AGs try these they are just a bit wider and you'll probably never notice the difference...https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173132147598.

Would these fit on my 12 x 6 rims without alot of overhang??

WVHillbilly520H
45 minutes ago, Dennis C. said:

Would these fit on my 12 x 6 rims without alot of overhang??

I believe so as the "Deestone" and a few other off shore brands seem to run smaller than listed size, after it gets light I'll take a picture of the ones I'm getting ready to put on an older Cub Cadet.

WVHillbilly520H

Here they are...1&2) 23x8.50-12 "DURO" next to a 6-12 3) the side wall 4) next to an off shore brands 23x10.50, IMHO I believe for yard duties and occasional snow removal the 23x8.50-12 I refered (linked) to above will serve you well on the narrow rims, Jeff.

IMAG5453.jpg

IMAG5452.jpg

IMAG5449.jpg

IMAG5448.jpg