AlwaysTwoTired

Hoping to get some assistance from Wheel Horse members

AlwaysTwoTired

My name is Scott Johnson and my brother,Adam was a member and long time owner/ and fan of Wheel Horse tractors. 

He managed to accumulate 6 of them, employing them for all the various tasks they are known to accomplish. 

Adam was also a very skilled auto mechanic for about 30 years, so he loved to work on the tractors as well. 

Well, very, very sad to say, I lost my brother to God*#@* cancer, back in May. He fought every single inch of the way. 

We were very close and he will missed every day of my life. 

And out of respect for my brother, I offered to help my folks,(whom are both in their upper 80’s), to do something with all the tractors and some parts that he has collected. I reside in Sugar Land, Texas and Adam was living in Buffalo, New York when he passed. 

I went up to Buffalo, just recently  to spend some quality time with family and talk about what needs to happen. 

I did grab a bunch of pictures of the tractors, and some  accessories. 

What I’m hoping for, is to get help from the good people of this website, to help guide me a little with the value and pricing of the tractors and stuff that’s need to be sold. I’m not as familiar with everything as Adam was, because my passion is being on two wheels. 

His long time girlfriend, Kathryn, that he lived with, knew his love for these neat machines and has everything locked, securely in her garage. 

I can post pictures when necessary, but first, I’m looking forward to hearing from fellow members first   

I think Adam’s name on this site was “Hondagod64”. ( He was always a fan of the Honda Motor company. Me too, as I’ve had 4 Honda motorcycles) 

I thank everyone in advance for their help. 

Regards,

Scott

For what it’s worth, I think I would like to see Wheel Horse members have the opportunity to buy everything, because I feel that’s what Adam would want, knowing these are people that appreciate the same things he was. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

DennisThornton

Very sorry for your loss... 

You will find a great deal of Wheel Horse knowledge here to help you with whatever you decide to do. 

• Like 4

AlwaysTwoTired

Thank you Dennis, I appreciate that. 

Thats what I’m hoping for 

Razorback

Sorry to hear about your brother, Scott. Prayers for you and your family.

I know you will find good homes for Adam's Wheel Horse stuff.

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:  Scott.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.    My condolences to you, your parents, and Kathryn.

There are many members here that will be able to answer any questions .

Just a couple general  points regarding estimating value.

Quality close up pictures of the items are necessary for the assessment.      Readable pictures of any model/serial numbers will help.

The location can be a factor in the value.

Any paper trail (manuals, purchase and repair records, maintenance records) can add value.

After the value is determined, our classified section can certainly be used to sell the items.  Please read the rules section.

There many other sites ( Craigs List, Facebook market place, and other tractor sites) that could also be used  to sell.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 5

AlwaysTwoTired

Ed,

Thank you for your  reply. 

Much appreciated. 

Thank you for the information 

Thats what I needed to point me in the right direction. 

Im thinking as things move along, I can have Kathryn get specific pictures to help figure things out. 

I can see why he spoke highly of the Wheel Horse Club, and enjoyed being a member. 

E33EA205-9A81-4100-9FCD-CF566EE84145.jpeg

64E41C8B-219A-49C3-97B1-4678713C57AE.jpeg

D7103C96-FD31-43CA-878E-06663AA9E08D.jpeg

C899AE1A-28D4-4ED3-BEF1-B004BB67F392.jpeg

A731C3C2-FA94-4E12-8583-C695E76A6C48.jpeg

570826D9-90F4-4EA1-B2D7-E72FB4B73138.jpeg

11262020-0AB6-48F7-B8DE-219D825B216F.jpeg

3CA0055B-DCFD-4791-9C82-30AA68B88A1B.jpeg

1E7FB512-5E82-4CF7-B054-08984812B060.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

AlwaysTwoTired

Just a few pictures of some of the things. 

• Excellent 1

Daron1965

I'm sorry for your loss.  I'm sure the members on here will help as much as possible. 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

My condolences.

You are in the right place for good advice from good people...

Tuneup

This is remarkable. I still have an old 70s Honda that I maintain and valued his insight on the old BBS still in use today. His contribution will be sorely missed by a great many people. Very saddened to hear it.

Chris G

I'm very sorry for your loss. All prayers and condolences to you and all your family.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Scott

I speak the same as everyone here on Red Square with the support of friends and good people we are here to help you thru this time of hardship. I give you my thoughts and prayers and will be watching this and will be with you! God bless my friend!

• Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Scott...sorry for your loss to you and your family.  Just so you know...Adam's screen name was "hondagod64" . (I edited that in your 1st post)  He was a supporter on Red Square...joined April 12, 2014.  He had over 106 posts and was a constant contributor for a time.  He has some excellent pictures of some of his projects in the "Gallery" and he will be missed.  One thing we do now for members that have passed, is we show the members name in "green" on all of his previous posts.  He will be a member here as long as Red Square exists.  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

Sorry to hear of your loss. As others have said it is likely that members will be interested in some your brother's tractors. It will take some time to find buyers so if this is not a problem the our classified section would be the way to go. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

@AlwaysTwoTired Scott, welcome to our community, I wish it was on better terms.  Best of luck with your endeavors and take the time you need to make the right decisions for you and your family.  By the pictures you posted, I can tell he cared very much for the four tired machines as well.  Take care, always keep the rubber side down.

Kevin (Pullstart)

• Like 1

Rob R

Scott, deepest sympathy at your loss, live in Southeast Brewster, NY 1/2 mile from Karl, anything you need just ask. 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
15 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Scott...sorry for your loss to you and your family.  Just so you know...Adam's screen name was "hondagod64" . (I edited that in your 1st post)  He was a supporter on Red Square...joined April 12, 2014.  He had over 106 posts and was a constant contributor for a time.  He has some excellent pictures of some of his projects in the "Gallery" and he will be missed.  One thing we do now for members that have passed, is we show the members name in "green" on all of his previous posts.  He will be a member here as long as Red Square exists.  :handgestures-thumbup:

Scott...sorry for your loss to you and your family.  Hope things work out for you. Well said Steve.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

19richie66

Very sorry to hear this. I remember a lot of your brothers posts. I became a part of this group after my father passed and I inherited all his tractors. I sold a couple but there are some I couldn’t sell. My way of staying connected I guess. I wish you the best as you move forward with this but beware..... if you keep just one tractor, you may just hang around and become part of this family also. Bless you my friend. 

• Like 3

scottbrucea

Scott,

I’m saddened to to read about your brother Adam passing. I live near Biloxi, Ms. and have a trip planned to Buffalo (and back) starting in just a couple of days.  I have a full sized pickup truck that will be empty for the return trip to Biloxi and would be proud and honored to provide transport of the special tractor that he entrusted to your care.  Please send me a PM here if you think I can help. 

Very Respectfully,

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Condolences, its sad day when any of our guys pass.

Here is a thread when we lost another really great guy, your brother offered a thought in it and I'll bet he never even met Woodchuck or knew him like some of us did. Says a lot about your Bro.

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/74084-we-lost-a-great-member-and-friend/

21 hours ago, AlwaysTwoTired said:

when he lived in Tennessee on a 9 acre piece of land

Any chance he built a log home there?

Edited by WHX21

19richie66
2 hours ago, scottbrucea said:

Scott,

I’m saddened to to read about your brother Adam passing. I live near Biloxi, Ms. and have a trip planned to Buffalo (and back) starting in just a couple of days.  I have a full sized pickup truck that will be empty for the return trip to Biloxi and would be proud and honored to provide transport of the special tractor that he entrusted to your care.  Please send me a PM here if you think I can help. 

Very Respectfully,

I will vouch for Bruce, he is a stand up guy in my book. He held a tractor for me for about 5 months without a deposit until I could get it. I definitely would deal with Bruce again. Mighty fine gesture Bruce.