Rp.wh

Demco Amigo winter project

WHX??

Got a nice patina anyway... you mess with that you outta the will...Least the Kohler shouldn't be to too hard to get running. Newborn ain't home from the hospital yet and you is out scoring tractors. .. someone's gonna have coniptions when she figures it out :bitch:...just sayin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

wheelhorseman

4EBECFD8-D74B-4C4A-8464-805F1A97DF62.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Rp.wh
28 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

Got a nice patina anyway... you mess with that you outta the will...

Don't worry I think I'll oil it or leave it and paint the rims get it running good...still have to come get that k90 for my other project sense we traded that generator for that k90.:D

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, wheelhorseman said:

4EBECFD8-D74B-4C4A-8464-805F1A97DF62.jpeg

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, Rp.wh said:

I thought my horses where heavy not even close this is unbelievablely heavy!!

Looks like a very sturdy build, have fun with id and :wwp: as you go along.

• Excellent 1

dclarke

Lots of cast iron there, I'll be watching also.  

• Excellent 2

Achto

Nice score Ryan!! Every one should have one odd ball in their line up. The Mafia group has @WHX21 :lol:.

If I remember right those Amigo's had kind of a strange transmission set up. Looking forward to checking it out in person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

PeacemakerJack

Ryan—what a cool little tractor.  Can’t wait to check this one out in person especially to see how they have that transmission attached to the engine.  It looks almost like the big tractors where the tranny makes up part of the structure of the frame.  Can’t wait to hear more history about this make since I know nothing about it. That will be a fun one to show especially at places like portage where everyone is looking for that unique or odd brand.  Good find:thumbs:

• Like 4

Shynon
14 hours ago, Achto said:

Every one should have one odd ball in their line up. The Mafia group has @WHX21 :lol:.

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

• Haha 7

CasualObserver

Fantastic score! Can't wait to watch this,  and looking forward to seeing it at Portage next year! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
15 hours ago, Achto said:

The Mafia group has @WHX21 :lol:.

I'll take that as a complement Dan .....:lol:

Now the fruitcake has his eyeballs on a 953 carcass up north of the twin cities he thinks he gotta have ... is ther no end? And he wants me to donate a 241 off my 953 carcass that is promised to @953 nut! for parts?!? I'm at wits end here....supposedly Mike @prondzyhad possession of this so called 953 once so feel free to enlighten us Mike! 

Actually didn't look like the worst deal on the 953 ....new rubber and weights alone were worth the asking price...you guy know how much Miller Tire is asking for those rears.

Edited by WHX21
  • Haha 1

Rp.wh

Hey now @WHX21 that 953 is a done deal.. just waiting for Saturday:eusa-whistle:. I am tractor tight after this sound like someone you all know???   ok maybe one more for my narrow front but the way my project are stacking up definitely won't get to that until maybe next year..but I'll make a threat when I get it. BUT my local buddie @PeacemakerJack found this awesome article about demco and the amigo tractors I have to thank him really made me appreciate the work that went into making these tractors. Here it is if you want a good read and thank you Josh again! 

https://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/921-ahead-of-its-time-amigo-article-from-lagc-magazine/

• Excellent 5

WHX??

Well the 241 is NOT a done deal..trade ya a nice 10 hp for a Amiga!?!?!:ychain:

Jack please do not encourage his affliction... do you want heat in your shop:lol:

Edited by WHX21
  • Haha 5

Chris G

Very nice find! 

• Thanks 1

Rp.wh

Well guys had some time this afternoon to look at and dig into the motor on this little guy well first off I checked for spark it was a no go there I figured I would pull the shroud off and check the magneto out and the wiring in there and it wasn't good magneto is shot while I had time I checked the carb over and the throttle side of the carb is very very hard to move debating on new carb or try to make it work also checked the tank out with a flash light and that also will need some love isn't terrible but needs some attention wouldn't expect any different out of a motor that hasn't ran in 5 to 7 years.. 

IMG_20181102_163124775.jpg

Edited by Rp.wh
  • Sad 3

squonk
On 10/29/2018 at 6:55 AM, Achto said:

Nice score Ryan!! Every one should have one odd ball in their line up. The Mafia group has @WHX21 :lol:.

If I remember right those Amigo's had kind of a strange transmission set up. Looking forward to checking it out in person.

The best thing about being an odd ball is no one takes you seriously. Ask my wife. :)

• Haha 8

Sparky

Who doesn't love an oddball! Shaft drive...very cool!