Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

Noisy engine.

Matthew

I found the noise in the Kohler on myD200. I noticed it seemed mostly on the #2 cylinder, so I pulled the head and the piston has at least .010” clearance. It’s got way too much. I did get in to grunt some with a plow, and that machine will pull! I’m gonna just run it for a while before I rebuild the engine.

pfrederi

Rebuilding one of these is not easy as parts are hard to come by.  You might want to check on parts before you tear it down.

• Thanks 1

pacer

Do some research on parts availability --- Pistons will be easy, theyre same as the K301, and a gasket set is available, but rods however can be the BIG problem.

I rebuilt both my 180 and 200, luckily only needing fresh rings. But on both I had to have a rod - on one a bolt stripped and other had visible scoring. On one I quickly found a NOS on the bay, a guy had stumbled across in some parts he had bought. On the other, I prowled the bay and google for some 4-6 weeks when a couple used was offered as being "good to excellent" and after the seller gave 'strong' assurance that they were well within tolerance, I bought one of them -- and indeed it was good.

Another problem I have up here in N La (Shreveport) is there are NO small engine machine shops that can do cranks/bore, luckily both mine were well in std tolerance.