briankd

my yellow and green one

briankd

since i retired my horses on mowing i been playing around with this mowed all summer with it and does a great job mowing for a 1970 model. axles seals was pouring oil so just got done with tearing the trans down.

tried getting the hubs off and the whole axle shaft came out of the trans so had to split the trans while into it replaced the detent springs and inspected brgs and everything it all looks like new internally it has a peerless 3200 trans. it sure isn't a wheel horse uni drive trans. only thing i hate about this thing is it's a pain to work on not like my 857 or c-120 witch are simple to work on. 

but this one was a freebie i inherited it from my father inlaw when he passed a couple years ago and i'm now the 4th owner of it. has a K181s  8 hp in it and it runs like new it looks to me it had a kouler reman put into it sometime in the past it runs better than my k181 in my 857. far as i know this deer is original and was taken care of always kept inside . i even thought about swapping the engine with my  857 but it wouldn't look  right  (original).    

1540753146687.jpeg

1540753147381.jpeg

• Like 2

DougC

Enjoy your green and yellow machine. :)

wfrpalm

Looks nice, what Wheel Horse would that compare with.

roadapples

None :ychain:

• Like 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, wfrpalm said:

what Wheel Horse would that compare with

:confusion-confused:      Every one knows that a Green one can't compare to a WHEEL HORSE!     :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

T-Mo

The 110s were tough garden tractors, a lot of them are still doing their jobs, mowing, snow duties, garden duties, etc.  I have been inside a few of those Peerless transmissions - they're easy to work on and usually inexpensive, unless the gears get worn.  The detent springs on the shifter forks, plus the gaskets are pretty cheap and are still available from Deere.

Some of the later 110s had the option of a 10 hp Kohler K-241 in them, while the earlier versions, including the round fender 110 and the earlier square fender 110s only came with the 8 hp K-181.  I had a few of both the round fender and the square fender 110s. 

• Like 1

wfrpalm
12 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:      Every one knows that a Green one can't compare to a WHEEL HORSE!     :ychain:

What I really meant is which Wheel Horse model has similar specs.

briankd

one thing i like about this tractor is the variator drive you have 3-4 more speeds in each gear selection  compared to horses you either have high or low in each gear on eight speed or just one speed in the older ones low is too slow and high not fast enuff . this deere has 4 forward speeds with the variator  you get almost infinite forward speeds. it also has automotive style strg an actual strg gear you don't get the feed back thru strg hitting bumps and all. one downfall is if you want to use a clevis style implement like a garden plow and such you have to get the deere integral  hitch and they scarce around me and are very pricey.    

briankd
12 hours ago, T-Mo said:

I have been inside a few of those Peerless transmissions - they're easy to work on and usually inexpensive, unless the gears get worn.  The detent springs on the shifter forks, plus the gaskets are pretty cheap and are still available from Deere.

i even got my parts for this trans from my old wheel horse dealer cost me 20 bucks for 2 seals, case gasket and detent springs and 2 axle carrier orings