Chris G

Cleaning shop surprise!!!

Chris G

So I'm in the process of purchasing a new home. With that being said I had alot of stuff to go through and get moved to my new storage location. I officially went through my garage this fall and cleaned my storage location at my dads. Well I had one more storage area to go through and with it being 25x30 I knew there was some stuff in there. Now I have had this storage location for the last 4 years and I will admit I forgot about a lot of stuff that was in there. Right off the bat I found a few doubles of implements I had and I also found more. But to my surprise I found 3 Chevy 327 small block engines with the early fuelie heads and all, two have  power glide transmissions and one has a 4 speed. I completely forgot these were in there and was seriously in amazement when I came across them. I purchased them right when I moved the last time and they got stuffed in there and as life goes priorities come first so they were forgotten and I still have not got to that project. So with this all being said. What's the craziest thing you found in your shop or storage you forgot about?

Edited by Chris G
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Man . three 327's with fuelie heads , what a treasure.

• Like 3

Chris G

I'll get some pics over the next day or two when I get the trailer emptied. But I bought all three of them 4 years ago to rebuild one for my 29 model A that I'm collecting parts to build. 

• Like 1

WHX??

You got a real problem Chris...but no sympathy here..... I lived in the same place for 30 + years and have got $hi% i have no idea...God forbid I ever move..... Good luck bro!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Chris G

Well at one time I had it all at one location i swear and I'm hoping all goes well.

Lost Pup

I loved my Powerglide in my Malibu / Chevelle. My first car and very durable.  I rebuilt one of the early smog motors 307s and  was sad to let it go for a new truck. Hard to remember but the first to second shift WOT was at like 55 or 60.

Great luck with that early fuelie 327......now to find a project car.

• Like 1

Digger 66
2 hours ago, Lost Pup said:

Powerglide....

....='s fast then faster !

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Chris G said:

What's the craziest thing you found in your shop or storage you forgot about?

Every tool I have two of... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1