screech

314-8 Help Please

screech

My problem started when I turned the key and heard a click, tractor did not turn over. I can start it by shorting across the solenoid and it runs fine. I just replaced the solenoid and it does the same thing. Any suggestions are appreciated, Thank You.

The Tuul Crib

:eusa-think::text-welcomeconfetti::wwp:I would check all your safety switches and then go from there before I start replacing starter switch my 312 eight kind of did the same thing in all it was was the clutch lever was halfway engaged. Do you have to deep press the clutch pedal to start it

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Like 2

screech

Thanks for the reply. How many safety switches are there that prevents the solenoid from working or engine from turning over? Thank You.

gwest_ca

Does your tractor have the low oil switch? It threads into the base at the rear of the engine. If you do have one don't remove it without following these instructions because the switch is easily broken and no longer available.

Click on the photo

Garry

• Like 1

JAinVA

If you hear a click then the solenoid is getting power to the primary circuit.The safety switches may not be the problem.It may just be the connections from the solenoid and battery.Check all the heavy wires for good connection.

Edited by JAinVA

clueless

Richard, your turn. ;).

520hC-120
12 hours ago, JAinVA said:

If you hear a click then the solenoid is getting power to the primary circuit.The safety switches may not be the problem.It may just be the connections from the solenoid and battery.Check all the heavy wires for good connection.

My 520h had the same problem your 314-8 does. Like JAinVA said check all wires. When I checked there were two wires with a weak connector so I just put a heat shrink one on and it worked fine.

Edited by 520hC-120

screech

Thanks You everyone for your help. IT WORKS. The problem started last year, I have been using it by shorting out the solenoid. Yesterday I replaced the solenoid and STUPID ME did not remember to push the clutch when I tried to start it,,,,so I heard a click and thought I still had the problem. I just went out, jumped on the seat, pushed the clutch and bingo she starts. AGAIN,,Thank You for helping me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1