wh1054norway

Gutbrod 2500 to WH d250 conversion

Pullstart

Christer, nice work you’re doing there!  The fender molds are quite the work of art!  I need to make it to Norway some day to visit an exchange student we had.  How far from Oslo are you?

PeacemakerJack

Excellent Work Christer!:greetings-clapyellow: 

I’m very impressed with all the fabrication and restoration work thus far, especially the fender pan.  I also must admit that it can be hard to keep forging ahead when every time that you take a forward step in a given project, it feels like you have to take two steps back.  It looks like you keep taking the challenges in stride though and already have a beautiful machine there.  Please continue to post pics and details as you complete the project.  I will definitely keep an eye on this one...

wh1054norway
15 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Christer, nice work you’re doing there!  The fender molds are quite the work of art!  I need to make it to Norway some day to visit an exchange student we had.  How far from Oslo are you?

Hi pullstart, and thank you!

I live about 70 min drive from Oslo.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

What an excellent project! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Mows4three

Christer,

You surely have put a lot more time into that rebuild than I would have been capable or maybe even willing to do.  I'm all for putting a little lipstick on a pig, but I know when I am in over my head.  

I don't recall ever hearing about a tractor called a Gutbrod.  Were they built and sold only in Europe?

Great work and thanks for sharing the photos.   

Cheers!

Dave

wh1054norway
8 minutes ago, Mows4three said:

Christer,

You surely have put a lot more time into that rebuild than I would have been capable or maybe even willing to do.  I'm all for putting a little lipstick on a pig, but I know when I am in over my head.  

I don't recall ever hearing about a tractor called a Gutbrod.  Were they built and sold only in Europe?

Great work and thanks for sharing the photos.   

Cheers!

Dave

Hi Dave, and thank you.

The Gutbrod where made in Germany,and mainly a dieseltractor. but they made this one with gas.

I`ve only seen them for sale in Germany, Denmark, sweden. I know mine came from sweden. there are gutbrods in Norway but that is different models.

And of course the Wheel horse D250 , that is a Gutbrod-made tractor, with differnt color-scheme and not the turnsignal/hazzardsignal. 

Regards 

Christer

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

wh1054norway
39 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Excellent Work Christer!:greetings-clapyellow: 

I’m very impressed with all the fabrication and restoration work thus far, especially the fender pan.  I also must admit that it can be hard to keep forging ahead when every time that you take a forward step in a given project, it feels like you have to take two steps back.  It looks like you keep taking the challenges in stride though and already have a beautiful machine there.  Please continue to post pics and details as you complete the project.  I will definitely keep an eye on this one...

Thank you!

know EXACTLY what you mean by two steps back:lol:   

Regards

Christer

oliver2-44

Great work o that Basket Case project. You will enjoy using it when your finished

elcamino/wheelhorse

You are have placed a lot of work in the project. Are parts easy to find for your tractor?

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse

Wishin4a416

Nice project and very nice work!

Tractorhead

Cool Project and well done.

looks pretty in Red.

Btw. The flash lights are still available, if you need spare from Hella.

but they'r not cheap...

Edited by Tractorhead

Chris G

Great work and it's turning out really nice, also nice suburban. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

squonk

We have guys over here with the D250 looking for the distributor cap & rotor. I have a couple of part #'s That maybe correct. Can you post pictures of yours including the inside where they mount so I can compare them?

wh1054norway
On 10/20/2018 at 1:10 AM, squonk said:

We have guys over here with the D250 looking for the distributor cap & rotor. I have a couple of part #'s That maybe correct. Can you post pictures of yours including the inside where they mount so I can compare them?

Hi.

If I understood you correctly,here are some pictures of the rotor. Hope this helps. Just let me know if this wasn`t what you ment and I`ll take some other photos.

ebay France do have a lot of ignition stuff for these.

https://www.ebay.fr/    Search for " Renault r4 allumeur"  or  "renault r6l allumeur"  

IMG_20181021_164001.jpg.05358535f77083a0d5c07efc736ea4f3.jpgIMG_20181021_164011.jpg.6080b6b34f730b8268e693180a61ca31.jpgIMG_20181021_164112.jpg.f43135f0ff401a2c9ee5c1f359fb5314.jpgIMG_20181021_160532.jpg.9cc240493280258917afa70a3d1879da.jpg

IMG_20181021_160514.jpg.c8183ebfd7b38e357592b3d428eef1f8.jpgIMG_20181021_164221.jpg.2a485fb51dca00473ed416020c860191.jpgIMG_20181021_164127.jpg.8e62ce55e13695ea22a5ae401caf4048.jpgIMG_20181021_160523.jpg.b68650805c9c74034a393e4064184e88.jpg

IMG_20181021_164042.jpg

• Like 2

wh1054norway
On 10/19/2018 at 11:20 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You are have placed a lot of work in the project. Are parts easy to find for your tractor?

Most parts available is those on ebay  in us. There are some on ebay Germany, but not much. For the most just whole tractors for sale........but to expensive and to far away.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:04 AM, Tractorhead said:

Cool Project and well done.

looks pretty in Red.

Btw. The flash lights are still available, if you need spare from Hella.

but they'r not cheap...

Have seen some in Germany and they want like 20-25$ and up........for one.....and almoste the same for shipping.  I need one:wacko:

squonk

Thanks for the rotor pic. do you have a pic of the inside of the cap too? :)

Tractorhead
24 minutes ago, wh1054norway said:

Have seen some in Germany and they want like 20-25$ and up........for one.....and almoste the same for shipping.  I need one:wacko:

Let me find out, what i can do for shipping, if it helps.

but depends few day's, i will ask in my Company, if we are able to do.

Gutbrod 

By the way, as far as i know, several of the Engine come from Renault.

maybe this is the reason, you fund a lot of Renault parts, that fits.

Edited by Tractorhead

wh1054norway
6 minutes ago, squonk said:

Thanks for the rotor pic. do you have a pic of the inside of the cap too? :)

Sure:)

IMG_20181021_160615.jpg.ef6cd92de7a31854e2b1178da647e8ca.jpg

squonk

Thanks. I'm going to go through my Napa electrical book to see If I can match them.:banana-wrench:

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Hmm, because while Gutbrod was sold to MTD Group,

maybe you find a local MTD- Dealer, who got the Parts, you needed..

squonk

I do not need these but other guys do. Finding an MTD dealer who could even look something up over here  or would even want to bother for a Gutbrod would be like winning a million dollar lottery 5 weeks in a row! 

• Haha 1

Ian928

My father has a Gutbrod 2060 here in Norway. I really envy him the locking diff. It is a really nicely built tractor, typical german. But not as charming as my 1054 though!

Edited by Ian928

Marv
On 10/19/2018 at 6:37 AM, wh1054norway said:

If anyone know or can measure the outer diameter of the pulley mounted on the Pto axle I`ll appreciate that!!!

The Outer Diameter is 7 13/16 inches. You are doing great work.

Marv

N2 Tractors

@wh1054norway  Did you ever make more progress or finish this tractor build?  I have a D250 with ark loader that needs some love.