71_Bronco

Are All Key Switch Brands The Same?

71_Bronco

Was thinking about picking up a new key switch for my Bronco 14. I can get a genuine Toro part, or I can get an aftermarket switch.

Are they all the same? Or are the Toro brand ones better?

If I put my part number into eBay, there is a brand that comes up as "HD Switch", but I can't really find any info on them.

Thanks!

ebinmaine

I've ordered at least three different kinds of aftermarket switches and one of them was noticeably more cheaply made than the other two.

I don't know that I would want to spend the extra money for a real Toro brand switch though.

pacer

I've bought 4-5 from my local Oreilly auto parts store, about $12, and have never had a prob - and they usually have both with magneto term and 'plain'. Have also seen them in couple other parts stores....

71_Bronco

I have no problem paying for a higher quality part, but I wasnt sure if they all came from the same place with a different name on the bag or if there really was quality differences.

Thanks

BOB ELLISON

I don't think we live in a quality world anymore. All vendors buy from a foreign country . Parts today are not made in the USA anymore. REALLY SAD

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

pfrederi

Toro doesn't make switches  who knows where they buy them.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

As said above...most switches (and everything else) is made overseas. That being said, just make sure what ever you buy has the correct number of terminals and is made for your GT system, i.e., battery OR magneto ignition.