ohiofarmer

Another Tractor Probably a 1057

ohiofarmer

I blew the motor aut of the trusty Raider 10 . This tractor was advertised as a 12 horsepower 1967 Wheel Horse for $250.00. Runs well and mows well.  When I pointed out that the displacement was not enough for a 12 HP at 241CC, he hemmed and hawed and offered me a price of $150.00. I checked 1967 models and it seems to be a 1057. Good compression and does not burn oil if he is telling the truth. Anyway, here it is... I will pick it up later

image.png.f846326bec0be52ac64ac68e8d9cdb0a.png

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 8

stevasaurus

And here I thought the Bandit was dead.!!!   :bow-blue:  That is one heck of a deal.  :occasion-xmas:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:

Looks like a good one, when you pick it up     :wwp:

• Thanks 1

Tankman

Great deal! OhioFarmerPirate! I'm sure all WHA's would've jumped for joy!  :ROTF:

Edited by Tankman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ohiofarmer

Picking it up tomorrow [Tuesday].  My hauling truck was down for repairs and finally I got it running.  Now we will soon know if the little tractor is a runner or a collection of parts.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

RandyLittrell

I have a 1277 and would love to add a 57 to my collection! I just love the long hood and frame! 

Randy

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

I could find no tags to identify this tractor. It has a 241 s engine, a transmission without a hi-low shift, and a starter-generator with the Delco square box on top. The tilting seat pan latch is mounted on the top left side of the frame and has a locking position [much more secure than the Raider 10..It has a locking lever for the brake drum.  A metal gas tank is in the high position with the battery down low. The ignigtion switch appears to be a two pole. Two spoke steering wheel.. All this stuff is different than the Raider10. The tractor had these little aluminum guards to keep your feet from getting tangled in the deck belts as there were no belt guards on the machine

It was really cold when I put it in the barn last night. I need to get the machine up in the heated shop so we can find out what it is really all about

ohiofarmer
On 10/18/2018 at 4:37 PM, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:

Looks like a good one, when you pick it up     :wwp:

Well, you can see that they spray bombed over the front decal...Two words--Masking Tape!  The mower deck had baler twine wrapped around the blade towers. The deck is of very thick metal and weighs a ton.compared to my newer ones. Maybe some of these other pictures will help identify the model.

The PO had the thing wired as positive ground, i removed the battery and it fully charged, [according to the Tender].We did get some spark with the spark plug removed, but that went away once the spark plug was under compression and fuel.The PO had advertised the tractor as running well. He did buy a coil for it that requires an external resistor, which appears to be on the front of the tractor and is hooked to the coil.

All in all, I would buy it again for the $150 I paid

nov 2018 wheel horse 017.JPG

nov 2018 wheel horse 018.JPG

nov 2018 wheel horse 020.JPG

nov 2018 wheel horse 026.JPG

nov 2018 wheel horse 027.JPG

nov 2018 wheel horse 030.JPG

nov 2018 wheel horse 032.JPG

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Confused 1

Pullstart

Positive ground?  Is it converted to 6 volt?

why did 6 volt systems use positive ground anyway?

WHNJ701

scary ramps!

ohiofarmer

She is alive!!:happy-jumpeveryone:

OK, so this tractor/mower started out as a 150.00 deal which is just fine for a parts tractor. The day he shower it, it had flat tires, a dead battery, and no spark when we charged the battery.  He promised that he would get a coil and get it running even after we made the deal. The coil was in the box, so i returned it for cash. Now we are at 107.00 for the whole shebang...All I had to do to fix the machine is to trade the coil and condenser from a known running machine. One squirt of carb cleaner brought it to life and it ran on its own!  It runs nice. very nice. Transmission is fine and the seals are not leaking. The tires have held air for a week or so Someone drilled through the tie rods and just used bolts for the steering:scared-eek:. I have no idea what this machine is, so I have included some more pictures of the little details...

nov 2018 wheel horse 027.JPG

nov 2018 wheel horse 035.JPG

nov 2018 wheel horse 037.JPG

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 1

Retired Wrencher

ohiofarmer   That definitely looks like a 56/57 series. I have had a few of these. to bad they painted it. Did you look under the dash board for the I.D. tag? It made painted over.

• Like 1

ohiofarmer
10 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

ohiofarmer   That definitely looks like a 56/57 series. I have had a few of these. to bad they painted it. Did you look under the dash board for the I.D. tag? It made painted over.

Yep, it is a 1056. I found the painted over tag right under the dash...  I also looked up the engine on Tractordata and the 241AS is the correct engine for the 1056 at 10 Horsepower.  what I want to know is how Kohler got two more horsepower out of the 1057 when the bore and stroke are identical to the 1056???

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/000/3/3/338-wheel-horse-1057-engine.html

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/000/3/2/328-wheel-horse-1056-engine.html

Edited by ohiofarmer

Retired Wrencher

the 10 is hp 5 is 4 speed 6 is 1966. Hope this helps.