71_Bronco

Add Springs To Seat?

71_Bronco

I think I may have asked this before on the old Red Square site many moons ago, but I cannot find the thread.

I have a Bronco 14, and if I recall correctly, the seat mounts solid to the seat pan.

Since there is no foot petals to operate, I dont need front-to-back adjustment on the seat, but I was wondering if I could add a pair of the bent seat springs like the ones in the picture below.

Will this type of "spring" mount okay any work to give a little suspension to the seat?

Wheel-Horse-Garden-Tractor-Seat-Springs-

ebinmaine

I have a B series and I also have a C series that have been modified using these particular Springs.

Keeping in mind I'm not familiar with what the bottom of your particular seat looks like.

On the b-series somebody used a piece of plate. Maybe 10 or 11 in square? The seat is bolted to the plate in the center and the plate is bolted to the springs near the outside edges.

On my C Series someone used a seat plate from a later model 312 to do basically the same thing.

If you need the Springs let me know. I have a couple extra sets.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

I added those same springs to my 68 Raider 9, and it's made for a much nicer ride and just a smidge more leg-room.

daveoman1966

The 3 sets of springs in  the above pic were MINE...sold them on Ebay.  I do have ANOTHER set like them ...AND the Seat Plate to use in mounting your cushion seat to accommodate the use of these springs.  Here are a few pics.  

For price quote...send me an OFF-SITE email...

my email address is:  daveoman@windstream.net

flat spring (4).JPG

050.JPG