Ed Kennell

TIIIIIMMMMBBBBEEERRR

JAinVA

That is certainly big enough to cause some damage if it goes the wrong way.

WHX??

Interesting Ed ...I'm hoping I'll be dead by the time someone has to cut down my white spruce plantation!  :)

roadapples

Glad you got to enjoy them for 50 years Ed. By the way, if you filled that trailer up you wouldn't have to make so many trips....:ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

jeepdave

I have a massive maple you can cut whenever you get the chance. :P

Ed Kennell
13 hours ago, JAinVA said:

That is certainly big enough to cause some damage if it goes the wrong way.

Yeah, I'll rest easier when the winter winds are howling this year Jim.  Several of the tops blew off last winter, but didn't cause any damage.  Many of them were close enough to hit buildings, cars, and power lines.    And of course the big concern ….the COMCAST  TV lines.:wacko:

13 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Interesting Ed ...I'm hoping I'll be dead by the time someone has to cut down my white spruce plantation!  :)

Careful what you wish for there Jim.

10 hours ago, roadapples said:

Glad you got to enjoy them for 50 years Ed. By the way, if you filled that trailer up you wouldn't have to make so many trips....:ychain:

Hey, It costs me $10 a load to dump the brush at the local mulch recycler.   I gotta get my moneys worth Jay.

4 hours ago, jeepdave said:

I have a massive maple you can cut whenever you get the chance. :P

I'll let you know when I have an open day Dave.  I do expect lunch to be provided. :popcorn:

• Like 2

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Hey, It costs me $10 a load to dump the brush at the local mulch recycler.   I gotta get my moneys worth

you can dump all you want for free in my forest but I'm not sure it would be worth the trip to Maine.

Can't be more than a nine or 10 hour drive.

That's got to be worth saving 10 bucks.

Maybe

So I'm curious... Any plans for replanting certain things in the place of those trees?

Edited by ebinmaine
Corrected autocorrect misspelling

Ed Kennell
20 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

you can dump all you want for free in my forest but I'm not sure it would be worth the trip to Maine.

Can't be more than a nine or 10 hour drive.

That's got to be worth saving 10 bucks.

Maybe

So I'm curious... Any plans for replanting certain things in the place of those trees?

Thanks for the offer Eric, but I better not head up the interstate with these loads.   I try to stay on the back roads.

I do have one recycler that takes brush for free, but he is 30 mile away.  The one that charges $10 is only 5 mile.

I am thinking about planting some fruit trees, but I'm not sure I would live to reap the harvest.   Heck, we don't even buy green bananas.

• Haha 2

posifour11
On 10/16/2018 at 10:40 PM, roadapples said:

Eh, it'll crush down to almost nothing with good straps. 😀 That's a lot of kindling going to the dump..... :law-policered::violin:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, posifour11 said:

That's a lot of kindling going to the dump..... :law-policered::violin:

No dump,  this goes to the recycler that turns it into mulch.    :)

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Picked up a few fruit trees to replace some of the spruce.     More pie filling in a couple years.

IMG_0074.JPG.419b47e1f179a8e7d3ab8e9ff7f1ffcf.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Mows4three

Hello and good evening Ed:

I once heard a story story about a fellow in central Pennsylvania who had a few hundred acres and a hired man to help him with the farming.  As he approached his mid 80s he decided to consider different crops that wouldn't require so much dirt work.  

One day he told the hired man that he had decided to plant 45 of his acres in black walnut trees.  He figured walnut trees yield nuts as they grow and valuable timber when they are mature.  The hired man said, "Are you crazy?  Walnut trees take 75 years to mature!"

The old farmer got up, put on his gloves and said, "We better get started this afternoon."

Cheers!

Dave

Edited by Mows4three
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Ed Kennell

C'mon now Dave.     These dwarf trees are supposed to bear in 5 years.  With a little luck, I might get to taste the plum pie.  :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1