Andy N.

App for iPad or Other Mobile Devices.

Andy N.

"FNG" to the forum. So far I have enjoyed all the information and pics on the site. Wondering if there is an app for Red Square that I can download to be able to access and post to the forum from my iPad (didn't see anything in the app store)? If not, has there ever been any discussion about getting one developed. App development is definitely not my expertise, but I do most things these days from my iPhone or iPad.

Andy N.

Glen Ellyn, IL

1989 520H

1986 312-8

C-121uk

Not related to an app, but I access the forum on my ipad using safari. Its always worked well for me :)

• Like 2

WHX??

I know nothing about a ipad  but I can :text-welcomeconfetti:you to :rs:

I'm sure other ipad users will be along to welcome and comment.

SimonC

I believe the forum used to be available on tapatalk but no longer.  Not sure why either.  As far as I know, at this point your only option is using safari (or any other 3rd party web browser on the ipad).

and welcome ! 

Edited by SimonC

Digger 66

I only visit on the PC ( desktop ) .

Digger 66

Ha Ha , funny :lol:

That's the year I was born :rolleyes:

wUr3sie.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CasualObserver

Tapatalk was great for a while, but like any app it kept being constantly updated, which wouldn't work with the forum software we use, or one of the add-ins like the member map, or classifieds... .it was a huge hassle and time-suck for admin (who have real jobs) to deal with, so we stopped using it.

• Excellent 1

KC9KAS

@Andy N. :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

953 nut

:WRS:

When I use the wife's I Pad to go to RedSquare I :text-google: it. I'm a flip phone owner so can't help with apps.

• Like 2

520hC-120
6 hours ago, C-121uk said:

Not related to an app, but I access the forum on my ipad using safari. Its always worked well for me :)

Same goes here for me 👍🏻 

• Like 1

WHX??

So as you can tell Andy,  Digger was born in  '66 so I got tractors older than him.... he's what we would call a spring chicken but still a good egg!:ychain:   Richard was born in the stone age ( his flip phone has got these HUGE numbers on it ) and we ain't too sure about his techno whiz capabilities but still a good old fart at that.:ychain:  We just keep him around to pick his brain about 953's.....You still sure you want to get mixed up with our crew?!?!? :unsure: Seriously great bunch of people here..always straight shooters and call it like they see it, enjoy the forum.:)

Edited by WHX21
  • Haha 2

The Tuul Crib

So how did you get the moving emoji’s you’re welcome signs and all that cool stuff?

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

I use Safari on both desk top, iPhone and iPad. Works fine for me on each...

:twocents-02cents:

Pullstart
13 hours ago, Digger 66 said:

Ha Ha , funny :lol:

That's the year I was born :rolleyes:

wUr3sie.png

Digger uses the PC and is well versed in MS Paint too!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

though I still operate my daily business with my trusty flip phone, I now have an iPad for browsing.  It was the best internet/hot spot deal Verizon could offer in my area.  I use Safari too, but it isn’t quite as easy as using the desktop.  It’s just more useful, having it portable.

• Like 1

Pullstart
10 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

So how did you get the moving emoji’s you’re welcome signs and all that cool stuff?

At the top of your reply box, click the smiley.  It has all kinds of silly signs to add in.  :orcs-cheers:

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:@Andy N.!

Mike'sHorseBarn

I actually think the mobile format of the site is pretty user friendly. I used to use tapatalk to access this too, but after it quit working with this site and I had to access it via the internet, I haven't really missed tapatalk.

Mike

The Tuul Crib
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

At the top of your reply box, click the smiley.  It has all kinds of silly signs to add in.  :orcs-cheers:

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:@Andy N.!

I still haven't found it yet ! I have no reply box. 

nylyon

The design of the forum is such that it should work fine on desktop / laptop screens, tablet / iPad or phone sized screens.  As for Tapatalk, the problem with Tapatalk is they are slow to update their application and when changes occur, the use of Tapatalk causes corruption on the forum to the point that it was becoming a full time job fixing issues introduced by Tapatalk. 

Pullstart
2 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

This is how I find it...

at at the bottom of the page, tap into the reply box.  It gets bigger.  Add smiley picture junk.

D0B42487-EF9F-40E5-8501-B3FEADE5C15A.png

43C22C44-E25E-4670-8DD1-1B703A179739.jpeg

42E67FDA-C4F1-44AB-8C2F-82F1007AC036.png

ztnoo
2 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

I believe @pullstart is referring to the composition window when you either start a thread and post your own message, or when you are replying to some else's post.

There's many characters at the top of the composition window including B for bold. I for italics. U for underline, S for strike through etc., etc., etc.

Click on the smiley face for multiple choices of emojis. After the changes of a short time ago, its like we have a whole library of choices now.

Hope this helps.

The Tuul Crib
43 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

I believe @pullstart is referring to the composition window when you either start a thread and post your own message, or when you are replying to some else's post.

There's many characters at the top of the composition window including B for bold. I for italics. U for underline, S for strike through etc., etc., etc.

Click on the smiley face for multiple choices of emojis. After the changes of a short time ago, its like we have a whole library of choices now.

Hope this helps.

OK wow thanks for that info!! Foundit:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Haha 1

The Tuul Crib
59 minutes ago, pullstart said:

This is how I find it...

at at the bottom of the page, tap into the reply box.  It gets bigger.  Add smiley picture junk.

D0B42487-EF9F-40E5-8501-B3FEADE5C15A.png

43C22C44-E25E-4670-8DD1-1B703A179739.jpeg

42E67FDA-C4F1-44AB-8C2F-82F1007AC036.png

OK WOW!! Found it!! Thanx!:greetings-clappingyellow: 

• Haha 2

ztnoo
23 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

OK wow thanks for that info!! Found it:greetings-clappingyellow:

Hey......don't feel bad about not being able to find stuff or immediately being able to absorb all that is offered here at RS.

I fumbled around for a couple of months trying to figure out the forum structure and how do certain things.

I feel pretty comfortable here now, but occasionally something comes up that leaves me stumped.....even feeling stupid.

Like most things in life, every day and every thing you encounter can be a learning experience.

And if you don't understand something and don't ask, you may never "get it".

Just hope you can do what you would like to achieve given your original question.

:thumbs:

• Thanks 1