rick martin

rick martin

hello everyone newbie here just wanted to say hello plus a couple questions. First off I'm a proud owner of a 1976 B100 8-speed and a 1975 B80 4-speed. fell in love with wheel horse tractors the first time I seen my neighbor plowing his driveway with a B100, by the way that B100 that my neighbor was using is now mine.The B80 has what I believe is a 36" rear discharge deck. Can anyone tell me what the deck model number is or where i can find it on the deck itself.I also have a k301 12hp kohler and was wondering if it would fit in the B80 without any mods. The B80 has recently started running kinda boggy and dies out. It don't matter if the pto is engaged or not. the choke adjustment has always been very sensitive but now its hard to keep running sometimes. Any suggestions were to start would be helpful. I was thinking maybe just trying to clean the carb first. thanks in advance

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Yes - clean carb and fuel system. Start easy - spray carb cleaner while running, clean gas and put some Seafoam in the tank. New plug and clean air filter element as well. If that does not help - go to full carb clean...

No expert, but I am pretty sure both tractors will take same decks and engines...but others with way more knowledge will pipe in...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

This manual should give you the mower model number and a lot more.

KC9KAS

@rick martin :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Clean & rebuild the carb 1st and go from there!

roadapples

New fuel line and filter also...

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Rick :WRS: !!!

As stated above... You're already headed the right direction on your repair.

Easy fixes.

General tune up stuff.

Remove and rebuild carb. Replace ALL fuel lines because they degrade from the inside out.

New fuel filter, plug, air filter.

You should be in business.

Try to find a local source for non ethanol gas if you're not already using it.

The 12 horse would fit in the B80 without much trouble but I'm quite partial to the 8 horse. I'd try to fix it and leave it in there.

Good torque. Sips fuel. Nice engines.

If you need parts (see the vendors section) or knowledge you've come to the right site !!

• Like 2

Tankman

:text-welcomewave: to the WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction) ward. Not life threatening but, forever. NO KNOWN CURE. Eat more cheese!  :ROTF:

• Haha 1

rjg854

:WRS:   just want you to know that we are here to enable you, the more the merrier :happy-smileyinthebox:

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:Rick.  I also have a '76 B-100 8-speed that I bought new.  It is still my favorite tractor (I have three now. Like others said "it's an addiction").  Clean the carb on the B-80 and keep some Sea Foam in your fuel.  

• Like 1

Pullstart

Hey @rick martin:text-welcomeconfetti:

I’m sure both tractors are beasts when running in tip top condition the way they are.  However, if you swap the 12 in, we’re gonna need proof:handgestures-thumbupright:

:wwp:

Tankman
11 hours ago, rjg854 said:

:WRS:   just want you to know that we are here to enable you, the more the merrier :happy-smileyinthebox:

Misery loves company. 

rick martin

Good to see all you people are as crazy as me....ordered a carb rebuild kit already and I'll be tearing into the B80 aa soon as I get it. Never tried the seafoam deal but maybe I'll give it a shot. I've been using ethanol treatment that I use in my outboard but maybe seafoam is better. Here is my B80, B100 is in the middle of a rebuild and paint job. I'll post some B100 pics as soon as its complete. 

22059.jpeg

Edited by rick martin
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
41 minutes ago, rick martin said:

Good to see all you people are as crazy as me....

I've been using ethanol treatment that I use in my outboard 

Nice tractor there!!

Some of us may even be crazzee-err.

:ph34r:

Careful with the ethanol treatment.

I was doing a little light reading a few weeks ago and there those that say it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I know it isn't available to everyone but I've switched over completely to non ethanol gas.

Keep the cool pics coming !!

:handgestures-thumbupright: