wrightorchid

Hurricane Michael cleanup.

wrightorchid

In Tallahassee, we are Ok.  Total devistation west of here and along the coast. We have no power but crews are here today.

Sorry no pics,  my 312-8 is working hard.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

JAinVA

The images of the damage in Fla are awful to look at.Glad you are safe and have a house left to get electricity to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

How you doin @19richie66 and @clueless ?

clueless

Didn't effect either of us. Can't speak for Rich, but I'm doing fine, well maybe not, it's according to who you ask B).

• Haha 2

19richie66

My sister lives 40 miles inland of Panama city and her place got hammered. The eye went right iver her house. Tore most of the roofs off thier equipment sheds, tore down and blew away her well shed, ripped the tank off the well, toppled almost every tree on her property or broke them in half. Looks like a war zone. Her mother in law and sister in law both lost most of thier houses from what she tells me. They just got thier well fixed but are on generators. I’m about 350 miles south east of her. Got a little breeze. Feel bad for that area.

• Sad 5

ztnoo

Modern buildings can be engineered for wind speed, shear loading, and uplift. But the force of water in horrific storm surge scenarios will destroy (eventually) anything man can design. This reminds me of tsunami equivalent destruction. Unimaginable devastation..... 😲
After this event, I think a lot more people will be leaving in advance of a projected storm like Hurricane Michael. If you don't, you certainly place your life in an extremely high stakes gambling game, or you're a complete idiot. If you choose to stay and somehow manage to survive, you are guaranteed not hours, days, weeks, but possibly months of deprivation of the norms which are now considered part of everyday life. If you think by staying put in an event like this you can magically come out on the top of overwhelming negative odds, you are a fool......

Just one man's opinion......908577660_soapboxrant.gif.bbd182e01e26e959435a0cd336aca57d.gif

511795039_Screenshot_2018-10WeatherChannelReleasesWildBeforeandAfterPhotosThatShowMichaelsDestruction.jpg.7430a6973b4dfe3665e4f2f0ca7637c2.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

wrightorchid

The devistation is great.  We lnow several that lost everthing. We were lucky, but many were not.  We now have power, so it is much quieter, except for the chainsaws and lineman working.  I have much more to clean up.  

• Like 3

19richie66

Glad you guys are ok. My heart goes out to you all.

• Thanks 1

rjg854

I'll take the snow and cold over what you guys have to deal with :eek:    Spring returns and the snow melts.  At times we may get snowed in, possibly even lose power for a  day or two. That's basically the extent of it.

Glad to hear it hasn't been to bad for some of you. 

• Like 2

JAinVA

If I hear    "If had known it was going to be this bad I would have left"  one more time I am going to scream.Unless you were under a rock you were warned.It isn't just this storm but most of bad ones the last 10 years.If you are told to leave,GO! I am not just saying this,I have done it. 

• Like 4

clueless

I got a message from member evanloock, yesterday, he and his family a fine. They're staying with kinfolk in Alabama, their place, 25 miles north of Panama City has a little damage and the electricity is back on :thumbs:.

Edited by clueless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1