Nat Faust

My first horse! C-100

AlexR

:text-welcomeconfetti::WRS:

Nice tractor! And a good price!

pfrederi

Welcome!!  Nice tractor and good deal...Make sure you put a tin can over that stack if she is ouside.

• Like 1

JAinVA

Hope you didn't get to much rain with that open stack.

Nat Faust

I've got a can over it right now :thumbs: I plan on putting a flapper on there once I can get down to tractor supply.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:  The Cs are great tractors....one of my favorites.

Looks like a twist in the deck belt between the PTO and mule drive.   Better fix that before engaging the PTO.

• Like 2

Nat Faust

Yeah she needs a new belt on there altogether. Probably twist it around to test the deck, but it's got some fraying on it.

I'm just about home with it, had to make a 3 hour trip to get it. Going to unload it into my carport and get it fired up and whatnot.

Guy said he mower with it this summer but bought a Toro zero turn and has had it parked. We will see what effect that has had on it.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Find the model number on plate probably just below the instrument panel ad post it here we can guide you to manuals and other things here that will be helpful  If it is a 75 C-100 it should show 1-0391

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Thanks 1

Tankman

Welcome Nat! Great Horse and priced correctly!

Where from in OK?

Lived in Tulsa for a year. Was steel worker; Oral Roberts, OKU Norman, Arkansas.

Learned to shotgun, ate a lot of doves 'n rabbits.  :ROTF:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

Nice tractor!! Nice stack too!!

welcome to the red world !

Better start making room for the next one 

weeee!

• Like 1

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti: Nat I am in Oklahoma City you will get a lot of information and help from this site. If you are in Oklahoma City maybe we could meet up. Good luck with your tractor.

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Welcome to RedSquare @Nat Faust. What part of Oklahoma are you in, I'm in Shattuck, up in the NW corner of the state, glad to see another Okie here. Looks like a great find for a first tractor, I still remember the day I brought my first one home, didn't take long for that one to multiply into 5. Maybe one of these days you me and @Daddy Don can all meet up somewhere to have lunch and discuss tractors...would be great to meet you and to see Don again

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Nat Faust

Alright, sorry for the much later than expected update. I'm a little under the weather, but I couldn't resist at least finding out what parts I need to order.

I got it running (barely) and sscooted it around the yard very briefly. The fuel pump seems real weak, and the needle and seat in the carb are shot. Tried removing and cleaning everything but she still just barely runs. No big deal, replacing those is cheap and in still happy with my investment.

@pfrederi it does in fact have that number, will include pic.

@Tankman Creek County area, near Tulsa though. I frequent the "big city" a lot! Sounds like you've had some adventures yourself!

@The Tool Crib I already want more! I love this thing.

@Daddy Don thanks Don! Glad you see there is some other Wheel Horse love in OK!

She's going to sit under the carport for this week while I wait on some bits, hoping to go have a pass on my yard with this deck next weekend. Brand new, sharp blades on it!

20181013_181151.jpg

20181013_181208.jpg

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

These little tractors are harder to come by here than in some places, but they are around, half the fun here is the hunt for them, 4 of mine came from here locally, 1 of which I know was purchased brand new from a dealer here in Woodward, and the 5th one I purchased from Don and his son. I have a friend over in Claremore that collects these as well...maybe if enough Oklahoma collectors come out of the woodwork we can all get together for a small meet and greet one of these days 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Nat Faust

That might be fun!

Quick question, anybody have experience with the later-style replacement mechanical fuel pumps for the K241? Do they bolt on and work on the old Wheel Horse engine?

They look like they'd work, but I can't really tell by the pictures, since the fittings are all different and the housing appears to be made out of Nylon instead of cast. I've got no problem with that, just making sure it'll fit before I buy one. (Not that they are that expensive)

D_Mac

Welcome to the club. Wont be long now until you get your second one !

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to  :rs:

• Thanks 1

Razorback

Congratulations on your new C-100! 

I am originally from Oklahoma.... grew up in Tulsa in 1963, moved to Bartlesville in 1981, then to NW Arkansas in 2003. Folks live in Claremore.

In the process of acquiring my first Wheel Horse (a 1974 C-160). I own a brother to Wheel Horse... a 1981 Speedex 1631.

Good luck with yours!

(Will be in Hinton at Red Rock Canyon soon. Really looking forward to it... will be our 3rd time there in as many years.)

Edited by Razorback
Added text
  • Like 3

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Nat Faust said:

That might be fun!

Quick question, anybody have experience with the later-style replacement mechanical fuel pumps for the K241? Do they bolt on and work on the old Wheel Horse engine?

They look like they'd work, but I can't really tell by the pictures, since the fittings are all different and the housing appears to be made out of Nylon instead of cast. I've got no problem with that, just making sure it'll fit before I buy one. (Not that they are that expensive)

Instead of doing the plastic pump you have the option of rebuilding your current metal pump.

There's a company in Massachusetts that sells a kit for about 30 or so.

Several of us have tried, and like them.

@953 nut I believe you have the link?

Nat ... welcome!!!!

• Like 1

Nat Faust

Thanks @ebinmaine for the suggestion there. I'm going to keep the metal pump to rebuild but I also ordered one of the newer style. It was only $12 or so, shipping included, so I'm going to do some investigation of my own since I can't seem to find anyone who's used one yet.

Links to the rebuild kit will be appreciated though, I'd definitely like to keep the original metal pump around.

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Nat Faust said:

going to do some investigation of my own since I can't seem to find anyone who's used one yet.

I haven't installed one on a tractor yet but I do have a couple here for future usage. They seem to be fine but a lot of us just prefer the metal over the plastic.

Cost  being what it is there's a pretty good chance I would have ordered a plastic one if it was less than half the price. Just like you did.

When you go to change it over just do a very careful comparison of the length and shape of the pump arm that goes into the engine.

Nat Faust

Will do! I have seen people say the pump arms can be different lengths. I will make sure to double check when I get mine in since I'll have the old one to compare it to.

Daddy Don
20 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

Welcome to RedSquare @Nat Faust. What part of Oklahoma are you in, I'm in Shattuck, up in the NW corner of the state, glad to see another Okie here. Looks like a great find for a first tractor, I still remember the day I brought my first one home, didn't take long for that one to multiply into 5. Maybe one of these days you me and @Daddy Don can all meet up somewhere to have lunch and discuss tractors...would be great to meet you and to see Don again

I am all for it winter coming on may be a good time to try and set up something. 

• Like 1