Sign in to follow this  
clueless

73 or 74 16 horse?

clueless

I'm debating on buying another horse, as usual I don't need it but...... A member here has two 70s 16 hp hydros for sell, a 1973, and a 1974 both look to be in about the same shape. They both run and everything work as should, he's changed all the fuilds, no leaks anywhere. He buys WHs cleans them up gets them working and sell them so he knows what he is doing, I know him and trust him. The only reason I'm think of buying one is the the 70s 16 horse hydro is the top one on my bucket list and these are close as opposed to the the ones that usually come up for sell. What other than the hydro lever location is different and with everything being equal which would you prefer and why?

pfrederi

You an ex school teacher...What is you r answer and why????  sounds like a test:P

74 should be a piston to piston  73 a hydro gear.  You can do some repair work on a piston to piston...more so than a hydro gear.  My experience is very good with hydro gears, to me they are not quite as sensitive to foreign object damage  (chewed up parking brake)  but if they are damaged it is repair by replacement.

• Like 4