JAinVA

Not Fla but

JAinVA

Eastern Va got Michael's attention too.Went to the shop to get the generator just after dawn Friday and found this.

2018.10.12.1908.JPG

2018.10.12.1918.JPG

2018.10.12.1928.JPG

2018.10.12.1927.JPG

2018.10.12.1934.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Ed Kennell

Ouch.      Sorry to see this Jim.    Thankfully no injuries to you or the horses.      Take lots of photos....for us and the insurance co.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@JAinVA Well Jim just proves tall Virginia pines are no match the wind. Hopefully there was not too much damage. The way the wind was blowing up here I thought I was going to find all the roof shingles in the neighbors yards.  Got lucky and just had to pick up a few small branches .

• Like 5

JAinVA

It took me and the missus 3 hours to get this off the roof.The trick was to do no collateral damages and stay out of the hospital.Mission accomplished.The last hurricane we lost 5 or 6 trees but Isabel dropped over 50 here.It took us 3 months to clean up the mess.I feel lucky and don't want in any way to compare this to what the folks in Fla have ahead of them.The photos from there are stunning.

• Like 3

Charles123

looks like you got a lot of work ahead a you there I hope it's not too big of an inconvenience for you

19richie66

I know this is about Virginia but My sister lives just 40 miles north of Panama City. Her place was in the eye when it came over them. It trashed their place bad but the house is ok. Every tree they had is down and it sucked the well tank and shed right off the well. A lot of work agead of everone. They said they are lucky as they know several others that lost their houses and most of what they own. Mother nature don't fool around. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

953 nut

I have close friends who have wintered in Mexico Beach, FL for several years. Last year he had a medical issue and couldn't drive. As he and his wife had taken two vehicles a couple of us went down to drive him and his truck back home. It was a great little sea side community with so much charm and friendly people where ever you went.I'm glad I was able to see it.

Our friends decided not to go this year and canceled their reservations last spring, They are heartbroken knowing the waterfront condo they had called home each winter is no longer there.

I worked in Homestead, FL when Andrew went through in '92, that was nothing compared to this!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

r356c

Hurricane fatigue.

Mother Nature is throwing down a steady stream lately.

The older I get, the more I admire the WWII generations ability to absorb, process, and move on from external trauma.

I have met a larger than life Marine that survived battles that the majority did not.

A Sailor that spent weeks in the hold of an enemy ship without food as a POW.

An Eastern European prisoner of Nazi camps with numbers tattooed on his wrist.

They all found the strength to move ahead.