gsemeraro8

Stack Install!!!

Tankman

Looks great! Grandson loves stacks! :handgestures-thumbupright:

WH-Milo.thumb.jpg.784614cc60817dd9841da640b406bc2f.jpg

• Like 6

rjg854

I have 2 tractors with Jim Kemp's stacks on them, and they both sound great.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Love it!!

Quote from me on another media:

"ALL tractors need stacks"

"I might be slightly stack positive biased though"

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 2

Daron1965

Looks great.  

• Like 2

gsemeraro8

Some better day light pics

F76B1262-8DC1-4D68-B9E7-1C0EA288CAC3.jpeg

3DC5BF76-9B0B-438B-AC71-F98ED870EDF3.jpeg

16746758-8E95-4588-8168-B8B8CE0B8BFA.jpeg

• Excellent 2

Texas Todd

@jimkemp does a great job on stacks. I have three tractors with them and they all sound great. It appears the mufflers are shorter than mine. Jim, have you changed the guts again, allowing them to be shorter?

gsemeraro8
51 minutes ago, Texas Todd said:

@jimkemp does a great job on stacks. I have three tractors with them and they all sound great. It appears the mufflers are shorter than mine. Jim, have you changed the guts again, allowing them to be shorter?

I ordered the 6" one from him, he gave me the option for the 8" 

ebinmaine

@jimkemp

Or others...

6" vs 8".

Is one known to be more quiet than the other?

gsemeraro8
19 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

@jimkemp

Or others...

6" vs 8".

I dont see there being much difference unless he changes the baffle setup in the 8”

PeacemakerJack
2 hours ago, gsemeraro8 said:

16746758-8E95-4588-8168-B8B8CE0B8BFA.jpeg

With a slightly different background, this is a calendar shot here, looks like you even have armor all on the tires! Fine looking machine and a nice stack no doubt.  Chrome tip gives a very custom touch:handgestures-thumbupright:

As a matter of fact, I’m going to link you to one of our classic threads that your new setup would fit great in...

This is a great vintage thread that with your new stack, you’ll probably find interesting.

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 3

jimkemp
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

@jimkemp

Or others...

6" vs 8".

The 8" stack is a little quieter than the 6" only because the way the baffle is built , they have the same design but the gases have to travel a little more so that aids to make them quieter , its not by much but it is a little , I did a test about a year ago and made one 18" long with the same style baffle and it made a huge difference in sound , if you really want them to be quiet I can build one with a double baffle , and that also aids in them being quiet but they start to get pretty heavy and should be braced to the motor , I think I'm on the 5 or 6th baffle design , but now I'm trying to get the design down for the 300 series tractor muffler using the design from the stack muffler , I have a few out there waiting to hear back from the guys on fit and sound and if it works out they will also come with a polished aluminum heat shield for a custom look , stay tuned !!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

jimkemp
3 hours ago, Texas Todd said:

No they are the same length , yes the baffle has changed since I sent your mufflers out to you , they are a little quieter now but the sizes are the same

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, jimkemp said:

did a test about a year ago and made one 18" long with the same style baffle and it made a huge difference in sound , if you really want them to be quiet I can build one with a double baffle , and that also aids in them being quiet 

I'd be very interested in at least one of those longer Mufflers with the double baffle. Quite possibly two or even more (at a later date).

I like taller Stacks so the 18-inch would be great for me!

I have one of your mufflers that I bought second-hand on a 12 horse and I really like the sound. I'd love to have a quieter one for both a 16 horse and also an old Generator engine I have.

I do realize that a lot of the noise from a small engine or tractor is just not something you can get rid of but I do like to have my machines as quiet as possible.

Jim, please PM me with the details and pricing about how to order one of those.

Thanks, Eric.

• Like 2