Sign in to follow this  
trevor

Fuel pump on d160

trevor

Hello, i am having problems with my fuel pump not pumping.  I bought an electric one as i saw a thread on this.  I bought a posi-flo facet fep06v its 12 v and delivers 4-7 psi.  Before i put it on, i have a couple questions.  Will this work on my onan d160?    Where have you guys mounted the pump.  Where do you attach the red wire to?  Pictures of what you did would be awesome too...  Thanks.

moe1965

Red wire is positive psi might  be border line to much mine is below 4 psi.  I'll send pix tomorrow evening for where I mounted it the tractor it is at my dad's house.  You will have to make a plate to cover the existing pump mounting if you  are getting rid of the existing mechanical pump

• Thanks 1

pfrederi

pumps push better than they suck.  Mount it back near the tank.  I haven't put am e;electric on my D200 but i have on several other WHs  I run it off the A terminal of the switch..  Doesn't pump while cranking but when i turn the switch on and i wait a couple seconds for the pump to build up pressure (you can hear the change) and then they start right up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

moe1965

Sorry Trevor this will probably not be much help but I included pix just in case mounting could be of some help. Probably not because of different engine types.  

20181012_191448.jpg

20181012_191506.jpg

Edited by moe1965
Added pix

trevor

Thanks guys for your help.  I am going to pick up a smaller fuel pump and mount it up.