oliver2-44

What Other sites Like Craigslist do you Use?

oliver2-44

What other "For Sale" sites besides Craigslist do you use to buy and sell tractors and parts?

Any special Pro's and Con's?

ebinmaine

We keep "disconnected" at home from cable and internet on purpose.

Redsquare is the only social media site that I use.

So with that in mind I never check Facebook or whatever else there is.

As far as selling stuff goes, I put things on here once in awhile. Other than that I might offer it to somebody local.... or in my circle of online Wheelhorse friends.

I do occasionally use CL and I really don't have a lot of amazing luck with it.

It's tolerable at best on most occasions.

I'm definitely looking forward to the answers that others give...

I'd like to see what other resources are available both nationally and possibly locally here in Maine.

Great post!

elcamino/wheelhorse

I look at RS for my stuff . Don't use Craig's list ,too many people get shot down here using Craig's list.

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

I have had a lot of luck with Facebook Marketplace as opposed to Craigslist. At least I can put a face with a name and see where people are coming from. Never had one issue with it. I have never sold on Craigslist because of all the Horror stores I've heard, but I have bought. I've been burned buying on craigslist too. People don't keep their word blah blah blah lol. I have bought on RedSquare of course and it's one of my favorite places to buy and sell! I used to use Ebay, but there are way too many fees on there anymore. 

SPINJIM

I just accumulate my un-needed parts, and bring them to sell at the WH Big Show.   That way, I don't have to pack up the items and pay the exorbitant fees to ebay, paypal, and USPS.   Also, a good way to get to know more collectors.

I just sold a parts tractor on Craigslist, and got much less for it than I would have received at the Show, partly because I'm located in a remote location, and have trouble attracting buyers.  I sold it low, because the buyer was a good guy, and a follower here on RS.  Also, needed the space to get my wife's car in garage this winter.:royalty-queen:

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Thanks for the replies. I agree Craigslist seems to have more and more scammers out there

Mows4three

Over the past few years I've had pretty good luck with Craig's List.  Most of my sales have been for farm related implements and equipment.  We also have a local/regional website that is hosted by the publisher of a free "Green Sheet" that I follow for items I'm looking for.  I stay away from Ebay because I like to deal face to face with someone.  

When I list something for sale on Craig's List, I try to be as accurate as possible in my descriptions and I post my items with as many photos as I think will show the dimensions and condition of what I'm selling.   To cover as wide of a population as possible for potential sales I'll post in a couple of local city listings around my area.   When I am selling something I always have the person travel to me for two reasons.  I want to deal on my own turf.

You've got to be aware of the typical Craig's List scams and disregard the hackers, but if you're situationally aware (streetwise) you shouldn't get burned.  

One more "tell" I look at when I'm dealing with Craig's List ads.   If the guy has a neat, organized background in his photos and the item isn't sitting in a mountain of trash, I'm more inclined to believe what they have listed has been taken care of and is in good shape.  Nice garage or farm shop = well maintained equipment.   On the other hand, if someone has posted stock photos in his listing that he got off of the internet instead of the item they are listing, I pass on it.   Call me suspicious, and you'll be right.  Trust, but verify is how I roll.

Cheers!

Dave

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

I seem to get more response on Facebook Marketplace than Craigslist,  but I sell on both without any problems.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
59 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I seem to get more response on Facebook Marketplace than Craigslist,  but I sell on both without any problems.

:text-yeahthat:

rjg854

I have to agree with Ed and Sylvan, craigslist, I've had good luck with, and Facebook marketplace and also on Facebook Wheel Horse Garden Tractors and Parts