tbirdsteve

520H with P220G

tbirdsteve

Hi All, hoping for some good advice here. I am a relatively new 93 520H owner with around 1100 hours on the clock. These tractors are fairly rare here in Australia, that's why I grabbed the one I have. They would have been around the $10k mark locally in 93.  It was not running and in fairly poor condition but I'm restoring it.  I've taken the shroud off the motor and found the flywheel magnets pretty much destroyed along with the stator. I sourced new magnets from the US and have glued them to the flywheel correctly (although perhaps with a little too much glue so they are very close to the stator now). I removed the stator and re-installed the flywheel and got the engine running. There is a lot of crankshaft movement sideways and end play on the flywheel side. Perhaps as much as 2mm in both directions ( 1/64 inch?? I'm not good with imperial measurements). This free play in the crank and flywheel may be why the magnets grabbed the stator and destroyed themselves. So, this engine will need a rebuild, it also leaks oil, but it runs ok (new magnets in flywheel but no stator installed). What are everyones thoughts about the extent of the rebuild? Do I do absolutely everything or are there some things that don't need doing (valve guides etc)? Where is a great source for bearings, gaskets, rings, etc etc? Ebay sell bearings for $60 but want $70 postage for ONE bearing!! Ridiculous! Look forward to reading everyone's thoughts and advise. Cheers. 

DSCF7464.JPG

DSCF7466.JPG

20800066_10214364936385965_8420149647757249472_n.jpg

Ed Kennell

Several of these have been used as replacements. They may ship direct to Melbourne if there isn't a local store.

Predator Engines 61614 22 HP (670cc) V-Twin Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine EPA

• Like 1

tbirdsteve

Well that's interesting Ed Kennell, I didn't know about these. Definitely food for thought.