Achto

You just can't settle with an odd number, can you? :lol:

• Haha 7

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WHX21 I think you have a problem . Too much money on hand burning a hole in your pocket . Send me some I have bills to pay and none for a horse.

• Haha 7

Mike'sHorseBarn

Go for it! It's a neat little horse! What's another screen name change lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

953 nut
1 hour ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

another screen name change lol

No need to change HIS name on here! It won't be Jim's, it will be his wife's.          :ROTF:

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Achto said:

You just can't settle with an odd number, can you? :lol:

He can't settle with an even number either Dan

2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@WHX21 I think you have a problem . Too much money on hand burning a hole in your pocket . Send me some I have bills to pay and none for a horse.

Jim, don't be greedy. I could use some of that too. We'll split his cash 50/50.

• Haha 6

WHX??
9 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I do too El ....that's why I have to crunch numbers half the day and then hop in a service truck and go into nasty cat crap filled dungeons of a basement to try and fix a POS furnace.... you have a tendency to charge like the dickens to be able to have some coin to pay the bills and have some disposal income to be able to purchase such a beaut. The next service call on Christmas eve will pay for her and then some. Did I mention sometimes 16 hour work days Jimbo? :lol: 

7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Jim, don't be greedy. I could use some of that too. We'll split his cash 50/50.

Did I mention eating beans and franks 7 days a week in my younger days so my land was paid off well in advance EB? 

I other words if you got it.... spend it..ain't never saw a dead man being buried with his money!

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 3

Shynon
7 hours ago, 953 nut said:

It won't be Jim's, it will be his wife's.

HMMM don't think that will happen :ychain::ROTF: Heard that one before

Edited by Shynon
  • Haha 3

WHX??

Lol ... she changed  her tune Tom when I told her it operated like a golf cart... next word was "can you paint it candy apple"!

Unfortunately no word from seller yet.

I'm sorry the person you are calling has a voice mailbox that has not been set up yet.....

Not a good sign.....:mellow:

Oh well sometimes you get the horse ... sometimes the horse throws you! :D Got that gut feeling this one is not going to  pan out but you guys know out CL finds go so nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thought you guys would like the pics anyways 

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

WHX??
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, WHX21 said:

that gut feeling this one is not going to  pan out

Yup...finally got ahold of the guy and I guess his kids told him to keep it...

• Sad 1

ebinmaine
Just now, WHX21 said:

Yup...finally got ahold of the guy and I guess his kids told him to keep it...

Can't say as I blame his kids there

Pullstart
On 10/10/2018 at 8:48 PM, WHX21 said:

I do too El ....that's why I have to crunch numbers half the day and then hop in a service truck and go into nasty cat crap filled dungeons of a basement to try and fix a POS furnace.... you have a tendency to charge like the dickens to be able to have some coin to pay the bills and have some disposal income to be able to purchase such a beaut. The next service call on Christmas eve will pay for her and then some. Did I mention sometimes 16 hour work days Jimbo? :lol: 

Did I mention eating beans and franks 7 days a week in my younger days so my land was paid off well in advance EB? 

I other words if you got it.... spend it..ain't never saw a dead man being buried with his money!

If you you ever want to be buried with your money, hand it to me in cash and I’ll send you a 100% honest check in your casket!  Sorry, had to!

• Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WHX21 do you have the armored truck lined up  to follow hearse ?

uglyblue66

I have a quick question in regards to a A-60E

I have 1 that I got close to 20 years ago from a dealer that had shut down years before.

This thing was literally sold,was brought back same day and returned with a issue,and put under a tarp and never mowed again.The machine is rusty,the tires still had the mold nubs on them,but rotten.

The front wheels are 5 inch,I am missing 1 correct wheel for the front.Tractor data dot ,com gives these tire sizes for the gas tractor but not for the electric.

I will be going to  a show later this week where there are a couple tire vendors and I might would pick up a couple but if 4's are correct, I have plenty of 4 inch wheels and tires.

What is the correct tire and wheel size for the electric A-60E?

Copy and paste from https://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/002/4/5/2457-wheel-horse-a-60.html

Front tire: 4.10x3.50-4
Rear tire: 4.10x3.50-6
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

• Like 1

gwest_ca

From operator manual page 3

Looks like front wheels are 5" diameter

Tractor 1975 A-60 Electric Horse 3-5001 Tire size.jpg

uglyblue66

thank you,so I wasn't nuts after all.

I know now to look for a good 5 inch rim.

uglyblue66

Instead of posting pics and such,  I was just going to post a link to my thread on smok stak but it won't let me,so here is a couple pics I  got from there instead of digging the the computer.

It looks horrible. BUT it is waiting for a restore,I got me a large enough tank to do the frame in electrolysis for rust removal. All 3 motors run, the deck motors run quite as church mice but the drive motor will need to be cleaned up and put bearings in ,it is noisey.

a 60 E 1.JPG

A 60 E 2.JPG

Edited by uglyblue66
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

gwest_ca

Best to locate tires and wheels at the same time. 5" may be hard to find where 6" would be easier.

Did find one 5" tire

https://sutongctr.com/tires/hi-run-su14/

uglyblue66

I keep getting a certificate problem message and I can't get that to open. Appears a 5 inch tire will be a pain to find.

Looks like it will get some 4's to get it rolling and working and 5's can come at a later date.