Sign in to follow this  
bc.gold

My Toro

bc.gold

I bought this Toro from the golf course in Sandy Lake and drove it home along the abandoned railway right of way which is part of the Canada Trail, the Mitsubishi 3 cylinder diesel does not have many hours on it. I've removed the engine and have it in dry storage.

Yet to remove are the orbital steering, high speed hydraulic motors that ran the reels, Sundstrand hydro then salvage any usable metal.

The first Toro I had purchased was a three wheeler, each wheel had a wheel motor, the Sundstrand was belt driven from a small Perkins which is now in dry storage.

Lastly I have a Kubota V2202 direct injected diesel that is also a good runner.

mytoro.png

• Like 2

Sparky

What are your plans for the diesel? Got a project in mind?

bc.gold
5 hours ago, Sparky said:

What are your plans for the diesel? Got a project in mind?

Just surplus inventory at the moment.

I have one guy from the Colony wanting it but wants to trade something for it.

bc.gold

My original plan was to use the engine on a larger centrifuge.

The owner of the ready mix plant used to get gravel from the river bars but fisheries cobbled the issuance of permits, no longer able to get rive gravel the owner purchased property with a nice placer deposit on it.

Gravel from the pit is trucked into the ready mix plant then run through a wash plant, every prospector in town has dipped their pan in the wash plant pits in search of gold.

That's the trouble with tunnel vision - gold fever, instead of dipping a pan I took samples and had an assay done, no gold but 17 ppm platinum and a host of other minerals.

A few years ago I made a small centrifuge that I used to recover precious metals from ball milled computer chips, I was totally impressed with it.

Below is a partially finished centrifuge that is in storage back in British Columbia.

Some pictures of the pit, wash plant and the assay.

pit.jpg

washplant.jpg

2centrifuge.jpg

1centrifuge.jpg

assay.png