bigcreek

314-H Broke Axle fixed on to Deck LIft issue

bigcreek

Red Square Brain Trust,

Good afternoon, after the 314 axle fix it is on to the next issue with the stable

314 H deck will not lift, when I move the lever up or down I hear the hydraulics make noise acknowledging the movement of the lever but deck does not rise at all? help?

R/

Scott 

Ed Kennell

Hey Scott, we need a little more info to resolve your problem.   Can you check the linkage path from the hydraulic cylinder to the deck and tell us what is moving and what is not moving when you raise and lower the lift.       The problem could be in the hydraulic system or in the mechanical linkage to the deck.  We need to know what is moving.

• Like 2

953 nut

Check out the mounting procedure in this manual, be sure yours mounted properly.

bigcreek

Thanks for the pdf of the mower deck, I have to admit I am learning these fine machines. To be honest that is why I come here, the vault of knowledge. 

I will check the decks on both of the mowers, I have a 417-8 with a 42 in SD on it and with the deck set to its highest cut hight I can still lift the deck hydraulically to the transport location. Now on my 314-H, which has a 42 in RD, that when in mowing in the highest selection, if I try to lift it up higher to transport it will not go higher? Again not sure if I have a problem, I did lower this deck to its lowest position and then the lift will raise the deck? 

thanks again 

Scott  

Ed Kennell

It sounds like the lift is working and you just need to shorten the threaded lift rod to get more lift

• Like 1