Elkskin's mower junkyard

Did it again lol

Sparky

Was the hood cut? If that’s just a rust or rot hole I would try to keep it. Something cool about it to me. 

• Excellent 2

WHNJ701

what's the tractor behind it in the last photo

Tankman
33 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Was the hood cut? If that’s just a rust or rot hole I would try to keep it. Something cool about it to me. 

A project but a worthy one. Looks like my 1st Horse 40+ years ago. :handgestures-thumbupright:

AJ-Horse.png.a59d9198d024f45541718e3b0e182c46.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard
43 minutes ago, jabelman said:

what's the tractor behind it in the last photo

National reel mower 

49 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Rust. I guess hood sat on the ground 

Chris G

I'd say even in the worst case it's a good parts machine. Also would agree with the previous about the hood, I would keep it as a wall hanger. 

Pullstart

Awesome score!  If you decide to,part it out, pm me if you’d part with the gas tank!

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:

I would say get a running engine on it and drive it  AS IS   The rusty crusty survivor is the in thing right now. Until that trend has run it's course you can just enjoy it.

Elkskin's mower junkyard
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

Awesome score!  If you decide to,part it out, pm me if you’d part with the gas tank!

I got extra tank lol

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Well I made up my mind I'm thinking about either put in the seven horses to come sit on it or put in the Kohler on it I'm kind of more leaning towards the Kohler though but I would need a starter generator and a voltage regulator

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

I got extra tank lol

I have no idea the value, but if you want to get rid of one (I need a 1 piece) let me know...

Elkskin's mower junkyard
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I have no idea the value, but if you want to get rid of one (I need a 1 piece) let me know...

Let me see if I can get wheel off then I will see

WHNJ701

I need that style hood! shame that's alot of metal work

953 nut
1 hour ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

I would need a starter generator and a voltage regulator

Or a rope!!!!    :ychain:                 I'm rather surprised that @pullstart didn't suggest this.        :ROTF:

• Excellent 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard
13 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Or a rope!!!!    :ychain:                 I'm rather surprised that @pullstart didn't suggest this.        :ROTF:

Already have 2 with pull starts lol. Dads 502 with 94 8hp magnum (mine now) then dads 753 which is mine now too. 753 has a 1958 k160 Kohler on it from a bolens

20181007_103602.jpg

20180923_193718.jpg

• Excellent 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard

I decided to fix 552. Ill use a 854 steering wheel on it Sears custom tires all way around and put the snowblower engine on and use pull start for time being and use the 110v starter until I get time to take it to a shop to get help with electrical bc I have no idea on this charging system

953 nut
2 minutes ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

get help with electrical bc I have no idea on this charging system

It is quite likely that the engine has no charging system. Snow blower had no lights, starter or battery so the manufacturer probably specified no charging system when the engines were ordered.

20181007_144243.jpg

Elkskin's mower junkyard
Just now, 953 nut said:

It is quite likely that the engine has no charging system. Snow blower had no lights, starter or battery so the manufacturer probably specified no charging system when the engines were ordered.

20181007_144243.jpg

I know that engine on wheel horse does unless I eliminate that altogether and leave it way it is which is a option

Elkskin's mower junkyard

is there any difference in a h60 carb and a h70 carb? looking at this carburator for the 552

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-for-Tecumseh-H30-H50-H60-HH60-632230-632272-Engine-Carb-FAST-DELIVERY/253374294776?hash=item3afe48eaf8:g:32gAAOSwXOhaXqmw:rk:1:pf:0

i havent messed with tecs much mainly briggs and kohlers. i have messed with a 1967 sears custom 6. i put a h70 on it from a snowblower but used carb off a previous replacement engine someone stuck on it which was a h70 also

Edited by craftsmanmowerfreak