War_horse86

69 raider 10 hh100

War_horse86

Hello all,

Ive got back to my tractor and in the process of getting her up and running. Previously i discovered the engine does have spark and even manged to get it started for about 15-20 seconds before noticing fuel was leaking from the needle on the bottle of the bowl, which is spring loaded. Can anyone provide suggestions of where to start from here. Carb rebuilt kit? Rebuilt kit number? My carb says lme 29 on one side an 58 on the other. Any other suggestions of what i should be doing in order to get the engine running? Thanks in advance, as i am a beginner!

Zach

71_Bronco

I'm currently rebuilding a K321 for my 71 bronco 14. I have a 14 hp kohler. Is yours a K241? Should say on the sticker on the flywheel shroud.

I got my carb rebuild kit from a website called "I save tractors dot com", along with some other parts.

I would guess you have points, which I would at least check and adjust, or possibly buy a new set and a condenser while you're in there (they are inexpensive).

Others will be along to help as well

• Like 1

pfrederi

The spring loaded thing is a drain..  must have a bad gasket try a kit first.

• Excellent 1

McGrew

I too had the carb bowl with the drain on my Techy. .  I got tired of it leaking, and rather than fix it, I took it apart and plugged the hole with JB Weld.  I have never used  the drain, and it If ever need to drain the carb, removing the entire bowl is extremely easy.  Danny

• Like 1

pfrederi

To find parts search for "Walbro LME29"  good luck they are a bit hard to get.

War_horse86
21 hours ago, 71_Bronco said:

I'm currently rebuilding a K321 for my 71 bronco 14. I have a 14 hp kohler. Is yours a K241? Should say on the sticker on the flywheel shroud.

I got my carb rebuild kit from a website called "I save tractors dot com", along with some other parts.

I would guess you have points, which I would at least check and adjust, or possibly buy a new set and a condenser while you're in there (they are inexpensive).

Others will be along to help as well

It is a HH100 model 1-6041.  Engine model number 115095b