kudzu3

Place for "stuff" (?)

kudzu3

I don't use my '69 charger for anything but transportation, I have removed everything that is in my way. I ride it around my place, visit neighbors and cruise around the local vineyard. Sometime it is a little awkward trying to carry necessary "stuff" in my hands while riding, so I have some ideas to install a container or two for "stuff". Before I do, I just wanted to see if anybody else has done something like this. I like to get other folks' ideas before I start a project like this. I have said too many times, "I wish I'd thought of that". Also, I'd like to install a little platform for my little dog jack to ride beside me. Any ideas? Pictures would be good. :)

posifour11

Don't have pictures of it, but I have one of @smoreau s receiver hitch setups with one of those rear carriers for a vehicle in it. 

• Like 2

953 nut

I have a home made receiver hitch and a weight Box/stuff crier that I have fabricated for it.

1161237090_2hitchweightbox003.JPG.99be15c293d3a663404af764dc5422aa.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

I'm curious to see the answers so I'll follow along.

My honey and I just use a trailer to put stuff into.

• Like 2

JAinVA

It's rare to see any of my horses without a cart attached,even when mowing

• Like 1

kudzu3
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm curious to see the answers so I'll follow along.

My honey and I just use a trailer to put stuff into.

Yea Eric, trailer works, "almost". A little inconvenient and makes too much sense ;). My little dog won't ride in the trailer, he likes sitting beside me, or in my lap. I'm making an attempt to be creative, we'll see where it goes. :D

• Like 1

ebinmaine

You may need to whip out the welder and build one o those two seat horses.

• Like 2

71_Bronco

What about making something like the ATV racks? That's what popped into my mind first. May even be able to find one close and just make some mounts.

Or you could always just make a side car like a motorcycle.... that'd be pretty neat

• Like 3

Tankman

Great lookin' Horse 953 nut! I knew a Squid would have an nice excellent ship! :handgestures-thumbupright:

I've often thought of adding a Camp Lejeune ammo box somewhere on my Stallion. I'll have to give it a bit more thought. I need one for my USMC memories. :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

kudzu3
2 hours ago, Tankman said:

Great lookin' Horse 953 nut! I knew a Squid would have an nice excellent ship! :handgestures-thumbupright:

I've often thought of adding a Camp Lejeune ammo box somewhere on my Stallion. I'll have to give it a bit more thought. I need one for my USMC memories. :ROTF:

I've been considering the ammo can thing. Trying to figure out a way to install it without putting any holes in the tractor. :)

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, kudzu3 said:

I've been considering the ammo can thing. Trying to figure out a way to install it without putting any holes in the tractor. :)

I know it wouldn't help you much with dog on lap issue...

but could you bolt on a trailer hitch and then put the carrier in the hitch such as Dick did in a previous post?

• Like 2

posifour11

Not wheel horse, but I bought this a couple months ago. 

The rack is homemade from electrical conduit. The guy did a great job with it. 

0815181505c.jpg

0815181505.jpg

• Like 2

cschannuth

I built this for spraying but I don’t know why the platform couldn’t be modified with an extra wing that would come forward next to you to give your pup a nice spot to hang out.   I just slide it into a receiver hitch I installed on the tractor.  Yours wouldn’t need to be nearly that high. I built mine to accommodate the spray angle that I wanted.

D28E41A4-3FDC-49EF-9F96-65B724BE3DD7.jpeg.8a6bbb75f9a3f843998dd236e2237dea.jpegE41DDF35-50E5-4B4D-9EB1-BA37EE9F4497.jpeg.280e52b96d9ebef4f88ec0fa97e7fdd0.jpeg2CFF5D4D-D935-4195-B01D-FECE72E0B418.jpeg.8c51ea02c2b09e12b32b35bb11f54846.jpeg

• Like 5