Daron1965

D-160 advice needed.

Daron1965

I have been looking at a D-160 over the last few days. It seems to run well, (a little smoke on start up after setting a few days from the onan). It is bare bones tractor, no deck, no 3 point hitch, and needs  new hydro lines.  I talked him down to $600 so far, but the lines have me hesitant. Are they hard to replace, can they be made? Just looking for advice from all the knowledgeable people on here.  Worth the risk at that price?

SylvanLakeWH

Do not know about the "D's" but here is some info about lines from one of the vendors here...Probably a good place to check / ask...

• Like 1

Daron1965
1 minute ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Do not know about the "D's" but here is some info about lines from one of the vendors here...Probably a good place to check / ask...

Thank you very much

• Like 2

pfrederi

There are two types of hydro lines.  The flexible ones similar to those shown above.  You can probably find a local hydro shop that could make them up for you .

There is also a hydro manifold of steel lines that go from the pump to the motor  If they are leaking  you have to find a good used replacement

• Like 1

ericj

how bad are the lines leaking and what lines are leaking like posted above. I bought a 74 D160 with Kohler single years ago. Turns out the manifold was leaking and had to find a replacement one. Once I replaced the line set, then the tractor wouldn't move. Seems like the PO ran it dry on oil and wiped out the pump. All if the pistons and slippers were shot. Luckily I know a guy that used to be a dealer back in the day. H e had me bring him a pump and hydro motor off a C series tractor and took both apart and made a working pump and motor for me. Unfortunately after using it awhile the lift stopped working, tractor still ran and drove but would not lift. Got tired of the tractor and sold it

This is why the guys say to check the hydro before buying a tractor, good luck

eric j

Daron1965

It is the metal line coming off of the pump.  I am a little skeptical on this purchase.