jimkemp

Working on the next generation of mufflers

JAinVA

Looks good.Ever thought about WH Onan mufflers?

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

jimkemp
33 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

Looks good.Ever thought about WH Onan mufflers?

I would like to do them all , but it takes time and I wont sell them unless there right like the stack mufflers I build , but its on the list of mufflers I want to do

• Like 4

JAinVA

The reason I ask is that used rusty junk is about a $100.00 a pop on E-bay.There is demand so luck to you and keep it up!

• Like 4

JAinVA

Just curious,how do you market these? E-bay or here on Red Square.As I have said there is a demand for replacement mufflers.

jimkemp
7 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

Just curious,how do you market these? E-bay or here on Red Square.As I have said there is a demand for replacement mufflers.

I sell them here on red sq , and on ebay  , I sell a lot through facebook , I have a couple of small engine shops that carry them , I do a lot of custom welding work for people with tractors and mini bikes , I have a small shop with most all the tools for welding and fabing just about anything someone would need , some day I would like to turn it into my full time job but here in NY with the taxes so high its hard to do

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

kick

I would be more than happy to do some long term testing for you and report.  Also pay for the muffler as well.  These are for 300-400 series single Kohlers correct.  

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
6 hours ago, kick said:

I would be more than happy to do some long term testing for you and report.  Also pay for the muffler as well.  These are for 300-400 series single Kohlers correct.  

Count me in as a paying beta monkey as well...My particular interest is in a muffler that really does "muffle" and greatly reduces the noise. I am in a typical neighborhood and my interest is less in power and more in grass / snow without being a nuisance...My old stock one simply provides a resonating chamber now. Sounds cool and tough but very annoying when I want to plow early before work!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

jimkemp
6 hours ago, kick said:

Yes they are , the bracket bolts down on the block and the inlet is set up for 1" pipe

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Keep up the great work, Your a huge benefit to our hobby

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Chris G

I'm sure you will get them all figured out jim. I've got a couple of your mufflers now and no complaints. Seen your work and it's definitely great quality. 

• Like 1

fast88pu
On October 6, 2018 at 8:44 PM, jimkemp said:

I finished the next generation of wheel horse mufflers tonight , this is the prototype , now on to the testing stage and see how they sound1659650929_newmuffler.jpg.235f075162c7acd2b2de88cdb4c66c5d.jpg

I would be interEsted in one jim. Maybe with a slightly better flow on the inside too.  

fast88pu

The proto type might have hood clearance issues as the photo makes the exit side of the muffler housing look longer. Just an idea

jimkemp
6 hours ago, fast88pu said:

The proto type might have hood clearance issues as the photo makes the exit side of the muffler housing look longer. Just an idea

This one was built for a special tractor , I should have mention that , the ones for the 300 tractors will be to factory size , it was built 2" longer to fill in the space

Edited by jimkemp
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

fast88pu
21 minutes ago, jimkemp said:

This one was built for a special tractor , I should have mention that , the ones for the 300 tractors will be to factory size , it was built 2" longer to fill in the space

Ok good to know

JAinVA

jimkemp,

I think by the responses here you have a popular item with a lot of interest.When you are satisfied with the prototype please list them in the classified section.If it is as quiet as the original I will be interested in a couple.Luck,JAinVA

• Like 1

jimkemp

I have a 312 muffler just about done , going to need a test pilot for one , someone that has a 312 with this style muffler , anyone ????

jimkemp

Here's the muffler43514600_751379078536944_2492624750300364800_o.jpg.93517f2040a7141edeeb106c61dea8bc.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

fast88pu
28 minutes ago, jimkemp said:

I have a 312 muffler just about done , going to need a test pilot for one , someone that has a 312 with this style muffler , anyone ????

Is this a candidate for tester? 

39588877_2179292305686834_1456905043411206144_o.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut

I have a 310-8 that is used a few hours a week in the summer and a little in the winter.  PM me if you want me to test it.

jimkemp
3 minutes ago, fast88pu said:

Is this a candidate for tester? 

39588877_2179292305686834_1456905043411206144_o.jpg

Ya but I'm going to send you a open baffle design , the one I have now is going to be to quite for you , I have a test pilot for this one and I will be in touch soon with yours

• Excellent 2

fast88pu
1 minute ago, jimkemp said:

Ya but I'm going to send you a open baffle design , the one I have now is going to be to quite for you , I have a test pilot for this one and I will be in touch soon with yours

No problem. Thank you. I could also do a sound comparison because my mowing machine is also a 312 lol

• Like 2

jimkemp
7 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I have a 310-8 that is used a few hours a week in the summer and a little in the winter.  PM me if you want me to test it.

Thank you , JAinVA is going to test this one for me , stay tuned for a report, I told him good or bad I want to here it and for everyone else to hear also

• Excellent 1

rk1953

when your ready I will test one for a 520h.

• Like 1