BMW1

What kind of wheel weights are these

BMW1

They are mounted on a wheel horse D-180.  They are cast iron.

What brand and weight are these wheel weights?

How much are they worth?

DSCF2939.JPG

DSCF2940.JPG

DSCF2942.JPG

• Like 2

daveoman1966

I had a set like that...they were on a Boles H16xl.  Sold years ago...  what is the weight of each one??

BMW1

I'm not sure.  He did not know and I tried googling the numbers on the weights but nothing came up.  I did pick one up.  They seem to be at least 50lbs or more.

pfrederi

Unless you are some perfection restoration type Weights is weights....

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Chris G

If I remember correctly they were a no name company that made them for bolens. The ones I had were right around 60 to 65 pounds a piece.

Machineguy

@BMW1

Those are toxic weights that must be disposed of properly. I can send you my address for a free and proper disposal at no cost to you. 

:ychain::ROTF:

@pfrederi got it right! Well fitting weights are weights. I’m still open to donations however. Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Machineguy

@BMW1

I’m just poking at you a bit. I’d figure out the weight and do a comparative analysis on Craigslist in your locality. Then base value off the average. Weights are always sought after just a matter of size. 

That said, I’m still open for a donation 

• Like 1

squonk

Buck a pound. They look like Bolens  to me also. I'd like to know the name of the company (s) that made weights back in the 60's 70's . Even the correct WH rear weights were sold by Cub Cadet dealers brandi new. I picked up a pair of NOS ones about 10 yrs. ago from a old IH dealer. 

Edited by squonk

ebinmaine
48 minutes ago, squonk said:

Buck a pound

They've been running higher than that around here lately.

Seems some Tractor stuff is getting gold plated before the sale in Maine.

• Haha 1

squonk
16 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

They've been running higher than that around here lately.

Seems some Tractor stuff is getting gold plated before the sale in Maine.

I believe it. I've seen folks in Maine build a set of steps to trade for 55 gal plastic drums to build floating picnic tables. :)

download.jpg.ff130dadec75ee6b12eaa8e2a58517ec.jpg

• Haha 2

BMW1

Thanks for the responses. $150 is the asking price. Most of the 50lb cast iron JD wheel weights around here are going for at least $150 for two. 

bc.gold
14 hours ago, Machineguy said:

@BMW1

Those are toxic weights that must be disposed of properly. I can send you my address for a free and proper disposal at no cost to you. 

:ychain::ROTF:

@pfrederi got it right! Well fitting weights are weights. I’m still open to donations however. Lol

Machineguy you have a foundry nearby, if you made the pattern they would probably be more that happy to cast wheel weights for you and the cost wouldn't be outrageous.

Walker Machine & Foundry Corporation

Address: 2415 Russell Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24015, USA

You can see from the wheel weight below that the pattern was made in two parts, looking down the center hole you can see the parting line where the two halves met.

Notice those nice rounded corners those allow for the pattern to easily withdrawn from the casting sand once its been tamped in around the pattern. Any straight looking edges with have about 3 degrees of draft.

The mounting holes will also have a slight taper, since the pattern was made in two parts each side would be tapered from top toward the middle when the two halves are put together. Giving you a full through hole.

Those wheel weights would look so cool cast from Brass then highly polished for show.

parting.png

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 3

Bonacker

Maybe a gravely