Vinylguy

KEEP OFF

Vinylguy

A customer submitted this drawing to me so I could make a decal for his tractor.

He put one on a magnet so he can use it at shows then remove it when appropriate.

I may have to make me a shop banner now.

I think it is awesome and he is allowing me to offer them on my website.

What do you think?

Edited by Vinylguy
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Confused 1

953 nut

To each their own.    I encourage children to sit on my :wh: at shows. If we don't put forth a friendly attitude the next generation will have nothing to do with our hobby and we have our selves to blame.

Hay Kid, Have A  Seat!

1008372278_1banner12.jpg.ca6ebe8aad9468cb38be05c4645cf5e3.jpg1292760120_1banner25.jpeg.e5adf536af80010d3e1db2d15b7a3ca1.jpeg1077408722_1banner10.jpg.5b13bb25f45f7242a00d27c67923e826.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

Vinylguy

Very Good point.

• Like 2

WHNJ701

Kids are the future of this hobby to each there own but my kids are involved in my restorations and there have been times something got scratched when they were driving or a muddy foot print handprint etc...  

I want my kids to have good fun memories of these.  yes at shows they are respectful to others, 

I remember one car show this guy had some crappy 80's car all coned and marked off and had all the stupid signs to stayoff keep back, right next to him was a dude with a new vette, he let my 3 year sit in it, I liked his response it's only a car.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JAinVA

I like Richard's comment,but at least be invited to sit on someones tractor.It is one thing to sit on some one else machine at a show but I had a nut job pass me and slam on the brakes so he could go into a gas station.Only reason I didn't wreck him is I needed fuel also and was going where he was.I fueled the truck , went to pay and when I came out this idiot was sitting in the seat on the dozer I was towing.If I hadn't been up all night it might have got ugly.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Vinylguy

2 very good points guys.

As an old guy I was not thinking about the message this would send to our younger generation.  Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. 

• Like 1

953 nut
5 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

I like Richard's comment,but at least be invited to sit on someones tractor.It is one thing to sit on some one else machine at a show but I had a nut job pass me and slam on the brakes so he could go into a gas station.Only reason I didn't wreck him is I needed fuel also and was going where he was.I fueled the truck a went to pay and when I came out this idiot was sitting in the seat on the dozer I was towing.If I hadn't been up all night it might have got ugly.

Doubt that any signs would have changed this situation,  image.jpeg.8ad649a6ff29f702666ace9f6ff0d6ea.jpeg

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 2

squonk

Inviting them to sit on a tractor is one thing. It's another to go after a hot dog and come back to your tractor and find a kid jumping up and down on the seat and his brother crawling on the hood and parents standing there staring at their phones.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
5 minutes ago, squonk said:

Inviting them to sit on a tractor is one thing. It's another to go after a hot dog and come back to your tractor and find a kid jumping up and down on the seat and his brother crawling on the hood and parents standing there staring at their phones.

I repeat,     image.jpeg.0daf65271c4039c903b6be16267a1a3d.jpeg

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, Vinylguy said:

A customer submitted this drawing to me so I could make a decal for his tractor.

He put one on a magnet so he can use it at shows then remove it when appropriate.

I may have to make me a shop banner now.

I think it is awesome and he is allowing me to offer them on my website.

What do you think?

I do not see the drawing in the post?

Vinylguy
12 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Editing it. 

Vinylguy
24 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

1696165695_KEEPOFF3INCHFORFORUM3.jpg.6e4c0a3addffec06d46ec3ef78d5cb4f.jpg

stevebo

I agree with all comments. Encourage but when they jump on the tractor without asking and the parent standing there doing nothing is a bit much. 

• Excellent 3

roadapples
40 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

1696165695_KEEPOFF3INCHFORFORUM3.jpg.6e4c0a3addffec06d46ec3ef78d5cb4f.jpg

And I could really get in a lot of trouble if that picture was a "caption this"  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Vinylguy
10 minutes ago, roadapples said:

And I could really get in a lot of trouble if that picture was a "caption this"  :ph34r:

I need a family friendly caption Roadapples 

roadapples
2 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

Ah, ah, ah....

953 nut
43 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

As long as people don't know what Road Apples are we are fine!   If the kids decide to :text-google: then the road apples will hit the fan!

:ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
11 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

"Wheel Horse Tractors...Built for a more intelligent breed, but so simple and rugged even a "donkey" can drive one..."

This came to me when I looked at the drawing and immediately thought of what my Wife and kids say when they talk about my :wh: "hobby"...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Vinylguy

1292879724_KEEPOFF3INCHFORFORUM4.jpg.4b1610f03ea2f5aab07a285e8073d7f0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tractorhead
16 hours ago, squonk said:

-off topic- 

Whooooh strange Situation, touching of my Vehicles before asking me is probably not a good idea. - Why? 

Honestly, what is the problem to ask before ? I never will say no, but i wanted to be asked before.

it is a kind of Respect.

The problem I.m.h.o. In your situation is not on the Kid's, the Problem is between the ears of the Parents.

You can be whereever you like to, such "subjects" are nearly everywhere, it is a common Problem.

Once a kid play's on my Motorbike, because im in to pay, the parents " have fun " to watch they'r Sohn on my Motorbike.

he sits on it (it is on the Rest) and switch each knob it founds...

He shall be about 7 or 8 years old - and his Parents say "Oh let him, it looks so cute " and the Lady took serval photos ...

Both with a huge grin in theyr faces...

I have no more words..

I think short about that situation, then i take a sit in theyr Car and playing also on each knob, i found...

After the father screms me "get out of my Car" i answered with a grin in Face, oh, let me please, it is soooo cute....

i hope, they learned their Lesson...

- Back to topic -

the Idea with the Magnetic plates is not bad, but when i will place decals, the stay permanently.

In case only for shows, it is a good idea.

Regards

Stefan

953 nut
6 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

1292879724_KEEPOFF3INCHFORFORUM4.jpg.4b1610f03ea2f5aab07a285e8073d7f0.jpg

:text-yeahthat:   Nice take off on the Subaru dog tested, dog approved commercial!     :thanks:       I would buy one of those!       :woohoo: