clueless

Local Find.

clueless

Birthday boy Richie, gave me heads up on this one, a month are two ago (damned enablers). Local guy listed that he had two old WHs  for sell $100.00 for both. When I got there one wasn't a horse, some kind of a MTD maybe, but the other one was. I told him I'd give him $75.00 for it but I didn't want the other tractor, done deal. We got to talking about WHs, he said he had seen only one before, he bids on estate sell auctions and want to know what to look for. After we talked for a while he said that one of the engines he got in the same auction had W H written on it and it might be from the tractor. We end up a one of his storage building, there were about 6 or 7 engines that he got in the auction, the one with the W H written on it look to be the one off the tractor, he said I could have it. Sitting next was a K91 with tank, it turned over and had compression, he asked if $100.00 was good :thumbs:. So what I got was a crusty locked in gear original 603 with the crusty original 6hp, and a nice K91. I don't plan on doing anything with the tractor but wanted to save it from being scraped. I thought about parting it out but I think I'll leave it like it is, somebody down here my need or want it, or if I ever get to the show I'll bring it with me.

IMG_6494.JPG

IMG_6495.JPG

IMG_6498.JPG

IMG_6499.JPG

Edited by clueless
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4

AMC RULES

Super sweet :wh: deal...

Rich hooked you up.

Wishin4a416

A Diamond in the rough

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                You paid a bargain basement price for the foot rests, the tractor was free!                  :ychain:

• Like 1

clueless
12 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:                You paid a bargain basement price for the foot rests, the tractor was free!                  :ychain:

Yea, between the foot rest, the front wheels, they are the earlier style no holes, the steering wheel, and the throttle/chock assembly I could double my money. The back tires are generals and in great shape, it also has the rear slot hitch. Like I said I don't plan on parting it out, somebody, somewhere needs this thing. Looks as if they used parts of other earlier tractors to make this one year tractor, I haven't check yet but it looks like the throttle/chock assembly is the same as the 1960 400 burb. 

WHNJ701

I restored worse!

• Like 1