ebinmaine

What's the value of an original NOS Wheelhorse engraved drive belt?

ebinmaine

I still need to figure out the exact sizes of them but it looks like I have at least a half a dozen 5/8 width black Wheelhorse engraved drive belts. Just wondering how much I should ask for them.

Thanks folks!

CasualObserver

To me the value is more in what the belt is for and if its serviceable than whether or not it is old enough to have the Wheel Horse name pressed in it.  

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, CasualObserver said:

To me the value is more in what the belt is for and if its serviceable than whether or not it is old enough to have the Wheel Horse name pressed in it.  

I know that there are at least two or three that fit a 520 which I do not have.

As far as serviceability, they were in out of the sunlight and they look and feel fine. I should think they would be perfectly usable.

Sparky

Are they the 7473 belts? I think a TORO dealer gets around $45 for a brand new belt. 

I won a brand new old stock 7473 at this years WH Show, installed it on a C-165/8 speed and it was a real grabby belt ( in a bad way) which I attributed to being curled up in a package for so long. 

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Are they the 7473 belts? I think a TORO dealer gets around $45 for a brand new belt. 

I won a brand new old stock 7473 at this years WH Show, installed it on a C-165/8 speed and it was a real grabby belt ( in a bad way) which I attributed to being curled up in a package for so long. 

I'd have to check the numbers Mike. I'm honestly not sure what they are.

only one or two were in a package. The other half a dozen or so were just   laying on a Shelf. 

Edited by ebinmaine

gwest_ca

Worth a read

Garry

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
4 hours ago, CasualObserver said:

:text-yeahthat: Only worth what a belt is worth to me...

However, there may be some guys on this site that are members of the secretive and somewhat elusive :wh: :ph34r: NOS Black Belt Collectors Club and for them they may be worth their weight in black silk head bands and white pajamas...

:D

• Haha 4

953 nut
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

wondering how much I should ask for them.

Oh,  I don't know,   probably a buck or two each. Just box them up and send them to  me!        :ychain:

Edited by 953 nut
  • Haha 1

pfrederi

Can't read the embossing when it is running.  Working is worth more to me than embossing...

• Like 3

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:text-yeahthat: Only worth what a belt is worth to me...

However, there may be some guys on this site that are members of the secretive and somewhat elusive :wh: :ph34r: NOS Black Belt Collectors Club and for them they may be worth their weight in black silk head bands and white pajamas...

:D

I don't wear head bands but I'd use the jammmmieees.

14 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Can't read the embossing when it is running.  Working is worth more to me than embossing...

I agree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1