snowhound

C-175

snowhound

I am going to look at a C-175 is there anything I should lookout for?

Thanks,

Ed

953 nut

The C-175 is a great machine. The obvious answer would be to look for indications of proper maintenance and upkeep. Drive it around and after it has warmed up chain it to a tree and test it's strength in forward and reverse. They are very strong and if you get a good one you will be very pleased with it.

pfrederi

Check the spec # of the engine if it is greater than 24300 it is a Series two.  a much improved engine over series 1.  Series one had weak oiling systems and if used on hilly land and not kept topped off with oil could throw rods.  I have one with well over 2000 hours still going strong...but it is a reason to lower your offer.  I have 3 C175 -8 love them .  Smooth and powerful

• Like 1

midpack

is it the one in New Haven?

if it's a hydro, check to see if the oil filter sticks out the back or to the side. if it's an Eaton unit (preferred) the filter should be toward the rear, if it's a Sundstrand, it should point toward the right side of the tractor.

doc724

If it is the one in New Haven, from the pix, that looks like a series one

snowhound

Thanks for all of the replies, it is an eight speed and the asking price is $775 with what looks to be a 42 in. deck.