pgenesta

Front End Loader

pgenesta

Good morning to all.

Looking for a fel for a 1979 C-81 (91-08K802-16471).

pgenesta

WHX21, thank you for your guidance.

WHX??

No problem your :text-welcomewave: ...more guys that have one they don't need might see your request better there.

953 nut

:WRS:

An eight HP :wh: may be a little under-powered for a front end loader.  If you just want to have it to play with it would be OK, but can't see it doing any serious work.

• Like 1

WHX??

I was thinkin the same thing Richard but didn't want to burst the bubble....'course then a small bucket, appropriate sized towers and running gear who am I? 

• Like 1

pgenesta

Did they make a fel for the C-81?

The 8 hp Kohler is original to the tractor and I may need to rebuild it or replace soon. So, if I can find a fel that will fit, I would look to replace the 8 with a 12 hp Kohler.

953 nut

The sub-frame for a loader to mount on is about the same for all "C", 300, 400 and 500 models. The tractor will be able to support the load, the only draw back to using an 8 HP model is that it may not have enough grunt for heavy work. A loader and the weight box (needed to keep the rear wheels on the ground when you load the bucket) will equal or exceed the weight of the tractor before you put a load in the bucket.

If you want it to move a few light things around and to have a real KOOL looking :wh: the C-81 will be fine. If you plan to work it then you could be disappointed with the performance.

• Excellent 2

pgenesta

953 nut, you hit the mark when you said 'If you want it to move a few light things around and to have a real KOOL looking :wh: the C-81 will be fine".

That's what I need if for, light duty, a couple of loads with the mulch here and there. 

• Excellent 1

Forest Road

I have one on a 522xi I’m selling in the spring. It’s located in Adirondack Park NY. PM me for details 

DennisThornton
On 10/9/2018 at 8:20 PM, Forest Road said:

I have one on a 522xi I’m selling in the spring. It’s located in Adirondack Park NY. PM me for details 

Did we chat about that?  Is that your "camp" WH? 

Forest Road
11 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Did we chat about that?  Is that your "camp" WH? 

Yes sir. Contemplate selling it every year. One less item to maintain up there 

DennisThornton

I have a TC35 4WD New Holland but there's times I'd like something smaller though I'm not sure I'd be happy now with a FEL on a rear wheel drive 2WD...

Forest Road
On 10/13/2018 at 11:51 PM, DennisThornton said:

I have a TC35 4WD New Holland but there's times I'd like something smaller though I'm not sure I'd be happy now with a FEL on a rear wheel drive 2WD...

If I buy anything else it’ll be 4x4.

DennisThornton

Major difference!  I'll kick it out of 4wd when on the lawn and then I'll forget and start using the FEL elsewhere and wonder "What the heck?" when it won't engage a pile enough to even fill the bucket!  Then I remember...  Yes, I might be spoiled, but I still want a little GT with a bucket.